Mleadley

Cheap places to skydive?

Hi guys

Just finishing off my a license at the moment. Just wondering if you have any recommendations of places to jump in the winter (im in the uk) as im pretty sure my local DZ closes for a few months in that time and I don't want my skills to fade as im new to skydiving.

Was thinking of spending a few weeks abroad, somewhere with a reasonable chance to get quite a few jumps in.

Let me know if you have any suggestions.

First, I think you should go where you can get a cheap plane ticket. How are the flight prices to FL? Winter is the best time to jump in FL and we often get a lot of Brits here. There are bunkhouses and camping areas at all of the dropzones. I would choose to save money that way instead of a dz that offers "cheap" prices. That, to me, would make me question how "cheap" they are on their airplane maintenance too. ;)

She is Da Man, and you better not mess with Da Man,
because she will lay some keepdown on you faster than, well, really fast. ~Billvon

I like Skydive Deland, You can tent camp, and they have housing cheap within biking distance. You can rent a room in a house with others that are traveling. Skydive City, and Sebastian are cool to. But loads everyday in deland!
WAKE UP TANDEMGUY !THERES A DUI CHECKPOINT UP AHEAD

I don´t know whether you want to stay in Europe or cross the pond

In Spain we have a nice facility running in Seville. In fact it is Skydive Hibaldstow´s (which you may know) sister dropzone.
Has mild weather during winter, two planes and good vibe with pretty good level at freeflying and wingsuiting

Do you have any recommendations of dropzones that have accommodation available and that are not too far from the airport?

Zhills has campers for rent that are right on the dropzone. DeLand has skydivers who rent rooms and have bunkhouses that are near the dz, but not directly on the property. I'm not sure about Sebastian and Lake Wales. I'm pretty sure all of the dropzones mentioned probably have a list of who has rooms to rent, if you want to try contacting them directly.
She is Da Man, and you better not mess with Da Man,
because she will lay some keepdown on you faster than, well, really fast. ~Billvon

Skydive Arizona would also be a good option.

There are several brits flying direct to Phoenix. Weather is never guaranteed anywhere, but, you have a better chance of getting straight jumping days one after another there.

Bunkhouse on the DZ is cheap. Team rooms are less cheap but roomy.

You can get ticket blocks for cheaper prices.

The xmas boogie has reduced price tickets too, tho I wouldn't necessarily recommend someone who just finished their A license to go to one of the US busiest boogies.

The Skyventure tunnel onsite is one of the cheapest in the US.

You can get a shuttle from the airport and never leave ;-)
Remster