droyer

Where to jump in the US in August?

So, I'm planning a 2-weeks skydiving binge mid-august and looking for the best DZ to go in the US in August.

I only have 101 jumps, B lic, and looking for:
- good weather
- coach jumps
- lots of loads, all day long (weekdays)
- good vibe, camping/hotel close-by
- at least a turbine running week days with fun jumpers
- tunnel close-by would be a plus
- packers would be a plus

Any recommendations? ZHills? Elsinore? Eloy? Sebastian? Perris?

Thx!

Well, if you go earlier in the month you can go to the Lost Prairie Boogie Aug. 1-9. I've never heard of a single person say that didn't like that boogie. I think you'd have a great time there.

I'd skip FL in August. It's Hell. :ph34r:

She is Da Man, and you better not mess with Da Man,
because she will lay some keepdown on you faster than, well, really fast. ~Billvon

What Andrea said, also for Eloy. We're a local team, and we scheduled a trip to the tunnel at Raeford in august in lieu of jumping :-D . I'd stay away from CA, AZ, Fl and TX as destination places in Jul-Aug.

Lost Prairie is a great boogie. Probably one of the last true boogies. If you can make that happen, you'd have a blast.
Remster

Merci Rémi!

I won't be able to make it for the boogie, vacation is planned the 3rd or 4th week of August.

So if I take out FL, AZ and CA, what would be my best bet then?

Just want to get on 5-7 loads per day (weekdays) and maybe get some coach jumps.

Come to SoCal. Perris for the tunnel and weekday loads, Tsunami for the weather and the view and coaching on the weekends and Elsinore and Skydive San Diego for extra fun. I'm not sure but I think that's five Otters, three Skyvans, two Caravans and the fastest PAC 750 in America to choose from.

What about the Chicago area? They have a tunnel, Skydive Chicago and Chicagoland. The weather might be better than the southern states.
She is Da Man, and you better not mess with Da Man,
because she will lay some keepdown on you faster than, well, really fast. ~Billvon

In Texas, Dallas has SDD but I think they are only open Thurs thru Sunday. There is an IFly tunnel in Frisco about 45 minutes away that just opened. It's summer though and I imagine they have lots of reservations with the kids out of school. Spaceland in Houston is open every day but I don't know if there is a tunnel near there. Down side, it's usually 100 degrees every day by August. And Houston is a little more humid. I bet Chicago would be pretty awesome right now. I haven't been there in a few months (never jumped there) but the temps are more bearable in summer than Texas.