NeoX

Sports dropzone viability in Mauritius

I'm highly likely to be moving to Mauritius in a couple of months and I'm a little worried that my skydiving might suffer because the existing dropzone there only has a plane big enough for two tandems, and they charge £48 per jump for fun jumpers if there is even enough space (i.e., one tandem going up, which isn't often).

My other option is to fly to South Africa every weekend or so, and jump there for as little as £9 per jump.

So, I'm wondering what would the possibility be of expanding the existing dropzone there. I could put money into it to hire a plane and build up the facilities, but I'm wondering if it would even be a going concern. The island only has about 1m population (probably very few skydivers), so the DZ would probably depend on fun jumper tourists more than anything. I just don't know if there could be enough business to keep a plane maintained and keep lifts going frequently all day long.

I haven't proposed anything to the existing DZ yet, but it may be that they have already done a due diligence on it, or they may not have the money to expand, or they may just want to keep it as a small tandem operation.

Thoughts please?...
He's doing his Superman thing.