katzas

Summer DZ tour

I am looking to spend about two months this summer traveling and skydiving. I will probably start in Chicago--but I could be talked into Philadelphia or somewhere in the east. Does anyone have any suggestions for a good itinerary? I don't want to go to any tandem factories or skygod hangouts.

Yup--had that in mind as well but am trying to stay north-ish because of the heat in July and August. Midwest has a number of DZs all the way up to Montana. Thought about Kentucky, Tennessee, Ohio.....but still looking. Thanks.

It's yucky in FL in the summer and the dropzones are pretty dead. I'd suggest you stay up north too. I've heard great things about the boogie at Skydive New England where they burn down the Tiki Bar every year at the end of the boogie. I think that's over Labor Day weekend (someone correct me if I'm wrong). Maybe you should start with Summerfest in Chicago and end with that boogie, and find dropzones in between?
She is Da Man, and you better not mess with Da Man,
because she will lay some keepdown on you faster than, well, really fast. ~Billvon

katzas

Yup--had that in mind as well but am trying to stay north-ish because of the heat in July and August. Midwest has a number of DZs all the way up to Montana. Thought about Kentucky, Tennessee, Ohio.....but still looking. Thanks.

Time your Montana visit for the Lost Prairie Boogie (August 1-9). Build everything else around that. B| The Northwest weather is usually pretty great in July & August if you want to hit WA & OR before or after LP.
"There is only one basic human right, the right to do as you damn well please. And with it comes the only basic human duty, the duty to take the consequences." -P.J. O'Rourke

I can heartily endorse the recommendation of Lost Prairie. It's about having fun with new and old friends, and jumping too. In whatever order you think is appropriate.

Wendy P.
There is nothing more dangerous than breaking a basic safety rule and getting away with it. It removes fear of the consequences and builds false confidence. (tbrown)

skydive4u2

If you make it to Tennessee, you GOT to go to Mike Mullin's place in Memphis.

I second that notion you could start in East Tennessee hit skydive Smoky Mountains Jasper Dandridge then Tullahoma and end up in West TennesseeB|B|
i have on occasion been accused of pulling low . My response. Naw I wasn't low I'm just such a big guy I look closer than I really am .

If you're heading west out of Chicago, be sure to stop at East Troy, 7 Hills, Lake Wissota, and Skydive Twin Cities. All are populated with jump planes and some of the best people you'll find anywhere. B|

Birdshit & Fools Productions

"Son, only two things fall from the sky."