GAskygirl

New DZ: Skydive Spaceland-Atlanta

http://atlanta.skydivespaceland.com/spaceland-atlanta-may-1/

Skydive Spaceland Brings World-Class Skydiving with Texas Hospitality to Atlanta on May 1

Rosharon, Texas (March 31, 2015)--Building on the strong success of two world-class skydiving centers near Houston, Texas, and Miami, Florida, Skydive Spaceland will open a third skydiving center near Atlanta on May 1.

"This is such a beautiful farm property in the Appalachian foothills," says owner Steve Boyd. "We're super excited to bring our business and Texas hospitality here."

Boyd first opened Skydive Spaceland just south of Houston, Texas, in February of 2000, and the third-generation family skydiving business quickly grew into Houston’s largest, most progressive skydiving center. The brand expanded to Clewiston, Florida, near Miami in early 2013.

Located just 55 miles northwest of downtown Atlanta in Rockmart, the latest Skydive Spaceland location is a 60-acre skydiving center that's currently undergoing a complete remodel in preparation for its grand opening. Brand-new classrooms, restrooms, office, and a newly carpeted parachute packing area will welcome guests in style. Spaceland-Atlanta will also enjoy the area’s largest turbine, a full-time Twin Otter, while it operates every day but Christmas.

Spaceland’s popular, progressive Skydiver Training Program will be offered at the new location, with state-of-the-art rigs and canopies available for most body sizes. Students can achieve their A licenses in as little as a week at Spaceland, and they often come from all over the U.S. and the world to do so. Following graduation, the popular Transitions program offers DZ-sponsored coaching on weekends, plus monthly themed events and competitions, to jumpers with less than 100 skydives regardless of where they graduated.

To celebrate its grand opening, Spaceland-Atlanta is offering free skydives to licensed skydivers on the afternoon of Thursday, April 30 (starting at 2 pm) and $15 skydives ($10 off the usual rate of $25) for its opening weekend May 1-3 (Friday-Sunday). Tandem skydives for first-time jumpers are currently being offered at a pre-opening special rate of $169, $50 off the regular retail rate, and these can be redeemed for six months from the date of purchase.

"I am super stoked to bring Spaceland's professional, friendly way of doing things to Atlanta skydivers," says operations manager Kevin Purdy, a longtime skydiver with 16,000 jumps and 24 years of experience as a skydiver and tandem/Skydiver Training Program instructor.

For more information and to sign up for Spaceland-Atlanta email updates, see http://atlanta.SkydiveSpaceland.com.

###

This is at the former location of Skydive The Farm.

Blue Skies!
-=Christy=-
D-21464

Note to anyone who wants to post in this thread:

I just cleaned up a lot of negativity in this thread. From here on forward, this thread is only about the opening of Skydive Spaceland in Atlanta and their opening weekend.

If you want to go jump, then go jump. If you don't want to, then stay home. Don't use this thread to try to persuade others not to go. If you do, you will receive an immediate and long time-out from the forum. This is your warning.

Whoever gets the chance to do some free jumps, I'm envious! B|

She is Da Man, and you better not mess with Da Man,
because she will lay some keepdown on you faster than, well, really fast. ~Billvon

With all due respect, it's unfortunate that you had to remove all the true and useful information that was posted about this place and skydiving in the Atlanta region as a whole, so I have to ask, where can we get that info out there without it being in jeopardy of being deleted?
I mean, I thought the reason for posting info in a forum was to discuss it and to have all angles of it debated and agreed or disagreed upon etc.
Refuse to Lose!!!
Failure is NOT an option!
1800skyrideripoff.com
Nashvilleskydiving.org

Me too, Zoo!

One clarification on the camping to answer an offline question that others may have: There will be no long-term RV parking (no hookups), but tent camping is fine. The hangar and thus the restrooms will be closed at night, so plan to make like a bear or head to the nearby gas station for any late-night restroom needs.

Hope to see you all soon!

Blue Skies!
-=Christy=-
D-21464

Bump. Sooo free! Jumps day after tomorrow. Does the jumping start a 2 pm with the free loads? Or are you gonna be flying paid loads before 2 pm? Packers available? And also is there a gear store onsite?
i have on occasion been accused of pulling low . My response. Naw I wasn't low I'm just such a big guy I look closer than I really am .

well most of them have a separate urinal now. the fancy ones . I've even seen have running water in a sink with a soap dispenser. but I'm just as happy with a Germx. dispenser. just just don't park it acres of asphalt I've been at some event's 'and those things turn into the instruments of torture. the sweat boxes from German POWs movies;) finding a place for it in the shade and downwind would beB|B|B|B|

i have on occasion been accused of pulling low . My response. Naw I wasn't low I'm just such a big guy I look closer than I really am .

where are all my free fly peeps at? who wants to sit fly at 160 miles an hour and I will dock on you on my belly . wearing multiple cameras:PB|B|B| jumping slick in just a t-shirt and shorts on the 11th of april. 1 guy insisted he was up to 190 and that's it I was blowing for the whole skydive one guy turned on his head and did 200 miles an hour to get down to me on the bottom. that was impressive and cool to video:) lets do some hybrids