almqua

Skydiving Cross-Country Road Trip

I was just randomly thinking about things to do the summer after I graduate college and it came to me: An All-American DZ Tour Galore. I have little experience with other DZs (besides Triangle Skydiving and Skydive Carolina). If you had an entire summer to tour US DZs, where would you go?

U.S. summer, I'd stay north-ish. In late July you could hit Summerfest at Skydive Chicago, then boogie across the country to catch Lost Prairie in western Montana (which follows right after that) then spend August in the Northwest (Leap for Lupus is usually in August at Skydive Kapowsin, plus there are several other DZs in Washington and Oregon to visit and it's a spectacular time of year there).
"There is only one basic human right, the right to do as you damn well please. And with it comes the only basic human duty, the duty to take the consequences." -P.J. O'Rourke

I live in NC, and I graduate in early May, so I was thinking about doing a southern route first (GA, FL, TX, AZ, CA) and then turning north up California to the Pacific Northwest, and then cutting West to Montana, Colorado, etc. Then onward to Skydive Chicago, and from there, wherever. I jump in the summer in SC, where it can easily get to high 80s/low 90s with major humidity, so I think I can take the dry heat of Eloy (hopefully :)