almqua

Spring Vacation DZ

Hey guys, I am a recently licensed jumper and I am looking for a DZ to travel to during my upcoming Spring Break (3/7-3/14). Unfortunately, I am a college student with a college student's budget. Do you all have any ideas of a DZ that is easy to get to via air travel, has on-site lodging, a scenic setting, and good coaching/courses for licensed jumpers? Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

You should just come to FL, since you're so close. If you fly into Tampa, Skydive City would be a great place to visit. They have trailer rentals on the property, or you can stay in a tent. If you fly into Orlando (or even Daytona or Sanford), DeLand is a great dropzone to visit with coaching from Skydive U and Flight 1. In DeLand, you can tent camp or you can get a bed in one of the nearby bunkhouses. There are trailers at Sebastian, but I'm not sure if they have rentals. You can tent it there also there also. All three of those have bathhouses and dining/bars on site.
She is Da Man, and you better not mess with Da Man,
because she will lay some keepdown on you faster than, well, really fast. ~Billvon

Thanks for all the great info and advice. Just a few more questions. I was also thinking Elsinore or Perris, since the airfare is surprisingly similar. What do you prefer (If you've been to both) Perris/Elsinore or Skydive City? And which of the Florida dropzones is your favorite?

Wow...I'm very surprised the airfare is similar! I've been to Perris and Elsinore, but it's been a few years. I'm sure you can get good coaching there. It's been too long for me to give an honest opinion of Perris vs. Skydive City. As for my favorite, my home dropzone is DeLand so I have to give it my #1 vote. But there's very few dropzones that I don't like, they each have their own vibe.
She is Da Man, and you better not mess with Da Man,
because she will lay some keepdown on you faster than, well, really fast. ~Billvon