CCGV19

Eloy, Zhills, or Sebastian for New Years boogie?

As the title suggests I am looking to get away for a couple days and attend one of these boogies. My home DZ is only open Friday, Sat, and Sunday this time of year :(. Looking for

1). Ability to make lots of jumps
2). Night jumps and or different aircraft i.e. ballon, helicopter
3). Possibility of Wingsuit First Jump Course

My dates are not set yet but I'm going to be limited on time with work. Looking at 31st to 4th. Flights to FL are a little cheaper bc I am on east coast. Weather can always be an issue with FL in DEc/ Jan. and might miss Zhills night jumps if I can't get in on time. Sebastian and the Invasion look cool but higher cost to attend is not making them number 1. Never been to AZ but have heard really good things.

Suggestions and ideas would be helpful thanks!

Your odds of having good weather for any couple of days at this time of year are better in Eloy.

Not sure SDAZ makes night jumps on the 31st anymore. I believe there are night jumps planned for the 3rd Jan tho (full moon).

Should have a study roaster of Twin Otters, Skyvans, Ballons, and possibly the DC3.

http://www.skydiveaz.com/experienced/events/detail/2014/12/24/default-calendar/skydive-arizona's-legendary-christmas-new-years-boogie-2014
Remster

CCGV19

As the title suggests I am looking to get away for a couple days and attend one of these boogies. My home DZ is only open Friday, Sat, and Sunday this time of year :(. Looking for

1). Ability to make lots of jumps
2). Night jumps and or different aircraft i.e. ballon, helicopter
3). Possibility of Wingsuit First Jump Course

My dates are not set yet but I'm going to be limited on time with work. Looking at 31st to 4th. Flights to FL are a little cheaper bc I am on east coast. Weather can always be an issue with FL in DEc/ Jan. and might miss Zhills night jumps if I can't get in on time. Sebastian and the Invasion look cool but higher cost to attend is not making them number 1. Never been to AZ but have heard really good things.

Suggestions and ideas would be helpful thanks!

Forget Sebastian and wingsuiting unless you have a D license.
I don't know why they aren't advertising this.
As quite a few people have already found out the hard way.
They probably don't want to advertise it because it WILL affect their attendance. I'm trying to get the word out before people travel days to get there only to find out they aren't allowed to jump.
Flock University FWC / ZFlock
B.A.S.E. 1580
Aussie BASE 121

Remster

Your odds of having good weather for any couple of days at this time of year are better in Eloy.

Not sure SDAZ makes night jumps on the 31st anymore. I believe there are night jumps planned for the 3rd Jan tho (full moon).

Should have a study roaster of Twin Otters, Skyvans, Ballons, and possibly the DC3.

http://www.skydiveaz.com/experienced/events/detail/2014/12/24/default-calendar/skydive-arizona's-legendary-christmas-new-years-boogie-2014

Not to mention Collegiates. B| See you in a few weeks, Remi!
See the upside, and always wear your parachute! -- Christopher Titus

Shut Up & Jump!

As already stated. Night jumps are planned for the third of January at Eloy, and I believe that there is someone advertising wingsuit coaching during the winter at Eloy. You could probably contact them and find out what they offer.

I am heading down there for collegiate and can't wait. Too bad I am the only one from my school...

The Eloy Holiday Boogie has everything you asked for.

B|
Plenty of lift capacity. If manifest backs up, they just start another plane.

They have the biggest fleet in the US -- Otters, Skyvans, the lovely DC-3 for the cost of a regular jump ticket, & Burner's Balloon.

Night jump to celebrate the new year.

I will be organizing WS and first flight courses will be available.

On top of that, Free beer every night, a big bonfire & weenie roast, awesome party and being able to jump with some of the best organizers around.

50 donations so far. Give it a try.

You know you want to spank it
Jump an Infinity

kvnhlstd

some of the best organizers around

I love you too, honey.

Yea, your'e not bad.... though you always cause me to go low. :)

I hate it when everyone else is floaty ;)
You can't be drunk all day if you don't start early!

I would love to visit Eloy but can't justify the cost of the flights. I am going to plan to visit Eloy for my Birthday and take some serious time off to enjoy it at another time.

I am going to head to Zhills this time as I only have a couple of days and the airline tickets were very cheap.

Sadly I won't be jumping from any balloons but I plan to be in the sport for a long time so I am okay with waiting for the good stuff. Thank you to all who commented. If anyone plans to be at Zhills hit me up either on here or in a PM. I'd love to meet up and jump with you!

Without a doubt I'd hit up Zhills, great DZ location and you will jump as much as you can, may be a little cool at altitude, but hey it's winter in FL, 60F.

There is always a great group of ziperbags (wingsuiters) jumping out there, and I'd suggest calling the dz and getting the info on a first flight course.

They also have a greta bar on site, and kick off with a great NYE party

Better never to have met you in my dream than to wake and reach for hands that are not there.