CSpenceFLY

The 12th Annual St. Patricks Day Celebration Boogie

I would like to organize a ton way ( 10 everybody on it 200 lbs without gear) that actually worked. I've been on 5 or 6 attempts and we've never been able to complete it either a base funneled or somebody was out

Let's plan it!! I've been focusing a lot of attention lately on successfully launching formations out the door. With that and, hopefully 30 minutes of tunnel time over christmas, I should be in great shape (round is a shape, right?) to participate.
Thomas Crowe, NRP
Nationally Registered Paramedic
Red Hat Linux Geek

I'm all for it .on the face of it it doesn't seem that difficult its just a 10 way belly right ? But in practice it hasn't worked out to be that simple:S

i have on occasion been accused of pulling low . My response. Naw I wasn't low I'm just such a big guy I look closer than I really am .

hahahah!!... be careful what you wish For Thomas !!!!!! i ain't as young & spry , as i once was:)>>> ( they tell me i'm " over the hill " but i can't seem to remember EVER being on TOP !!! ;)B|.. )

I've done a few "quarter TON 2 ways " a couple of Big guys WITH gear....If the fallrate is Good... we often surprise ourselves.
Yes, keithbar, the right mix of personnel, in the correct slots, and with some patience and diligence,, should be able to build, just fine...

We used to host a CASA boogie every summer and had some great raft jumps, in years past..Planning, practice, and a dose of good luck.... Fun for all :);) and eventual retrieval of the raft...
always good to have some goals in mind for both "normal skydives " and for "creative skydives"... best if you can do BOTH!!!

:)

hell. if we have the right guys we ought to be able to chunk an 8 way off a otter. 2 late divers build that shit on the hill:P but it's all about having that right 10 people

i have on occasion been accused of pulling low . My response. Naw I wasn't low I'm just such a big guy I look closer than I really am .

thomas_crowe

Hell yeah! I'm bringing several smaller rafts, then when we have a large enough pool, I've got a pretty damn big one that we can launch.

As long as you (the global "you", not you personally) can be safe on the jump, you're welcome!

hell yeah I am a Hellfish and a Muff Brother I have been trained well in raft fu :)
You can't be drunk all day if you don't start early!

keithbar

hell. if we have the right guys we ought to be able to chunk an 8 way off a otter. 2 late divers build that shit on the hill:P but it's all about having that right 10 people

6 floaters chunk a 4 way and 2 divers

OK go ahead and log it now ;)
You can't be drunk all day if you don't start early!

keithbar

The late divers better watch the tail rebound after that chunk exits. :ph34r:

Ever wonder why big boy ways haven't worked before? It's like bowling balls drifting all over the place relative to each other. :D (runs)
"Mediocre people don't like high achievers, and high achievers don't like mediocre people." - SIX TIME National Champion coach Nick Saban

keithbar

TailGates?????B|
Heavy Weighs ( ways ) ;):)NOW you have my attention..... i will press Hard..... to be in attendance.. :)IF i can get there,, can i Join You ???:)jmy

I would like to organize a ton way ( 10 everybody on it 200 lbs without gear) that actually worked. I've been on 5 or 6 attempts and we've never been able to complete it either a base funneled or somebody was out

Count me in. B|

:o:) Good to see the brainstorming has begun !! hahaha. Good point BillyV about that exit,, not to mention "aft of center " concerns at climb out. NOW,,,,Since i have already "been chunked ":S;) waaay tooo many times in the past, ( please don't ask about that CASA exit where i truly was [:/] " the innocent victim " :|),,, i will happily consider watching from above, and/or chasing it.. cameras operative !!!. WHEN it builds, if altitude, conditions, and awareness allow for it....maybe i can dock, WHERE it was dirt-dived, :oB| that i'll dock... :)Would NOT ever dock on a raft, from any camera slot.. IF everyone has stayed WITH the raft and there is No one still OUT..or "unaccounted for " i might get close.... but would never touch anything.;) " THEY ain't gonna Blame ME !!! " :D:):ph34r:
p.s. sorry to jam up Spences thread with Big Boy Belly Way " visions of sugarplums " dancing in our heads...:)

Hey guys and gals, I'm helping Chris out with the Charity Raffle fundraiser again this year. If you have any manufacture or vendor connections that I can harass, errr politely request, for stuff to put into the raffle I would appreciate their contact info.

There's more than just hitting them up for swag that I would like to talk to them about too.

Feel free to PM me, or email if it's easier. [email protected] is my work email, but the one I will be using most. In all seriousness though, all communication with them will be polite, professional, and not harassing in any way.

Thanks everyone;
Thomas Crowe, NRP
Nationally Registered Paramedic
Red Hat Linux Geek

I thinks I did this here right...
Normiss
Skymama
promise5
Rick
Bunky
Jon
Wayneflorida
Florida wingsuit crew
Trafficdiver
mwolfe
Tisket
Thomas Crowe
Hillson
Jumpdude
Keithbar
missbrz
Doogie
DOOG
Muff 846
All you people are here to make sure I have a good time.

Helicopter is confirmed. Details on how we plan to run manifest for the chopper to come. Because of the issues we have had with having a helicopter sitting on the ground when there are 100 tickets out I am leaning toward assigning load numbers to the tickets.

Post up if you plan to jump the chopper.

Normiss
Skymama
promise5
Rick
Bunky
Jon
Wayneflorida
Florida wingsuit crew
Trafficdiver
mwolfe
Tisket
Thomas Crowe
Hillson
Jumpdude
Keithbar
missbrz
Doogie
Dakotakid23
Jrmrangers

Trying to drum up a few more jumpers from my neck of the woods!
OH and im in for a balloon and at least one chopper.
Wait , I pull what first?

Normiss
Skymama
promise5
Rick
Bunky
Jon
Wayneflorida
Florida wingsuit crew
Trafficdiver
mwolfe
Tisket
Thomas Crowe
Hillson
Jumpdude
Keithbar
missbrz
Mirage62 +22
Doogie
Dakotakid23
Jrmrangers
CanopyConductor
Kevin Keenan is my hero, a double FUP, he does so much with so little

CanopyConductor

I'm definitely interested in the chopper and balloon. I'll be bringing lots of beer :D

There IS a beer store...right nearby....A guy named David works there and will likely have a Wide variety...
( saves having to truck all those cases WITH you )
The store is behind the places on the road, across the street from the W -Mart..
Maybe someone can find and post a link for the place...( for advance orders )
I bet they can get Anything..

Support the Local Fitzgerald business establishments......:)

jimmytavino

***I'm definitely interested in the chopper and balloon. I'll be bringing lots of beer :D

There IS a beer store...right nearby....A guy named David works there and will likely have a Wide variety...
( saves having to truck all those cases WITH you )
The store is behind the places on the road, across the street from the W -Mart..
Maybe someone can find and post a link for the place...( for advance orders )
I bet they can get Anything..

Support the Local Fitzgerald business establishments......:)

Unfortunately Dave called to tell me that the Bull Run beverage store has closed. There is still a store in the WalMart strip mall.