sam26479

trip in the south

Hey everyone,

I need some advice about where it would be best for me to travel between the 29th of december and 7-8th of january for a skydiving trip.

Im from quebec so florida is the closest but not super hot at this time of the year. Z-hills might be fun, eny thoughts on this place?

Idd like a place that has cheap jumping tickets, i thought about Lodi in california but aparently its pretty rainy during winter...I dont want to spend 800$ on a plane ticket and have a week of raining...enyone's been there around december-january?

I would also like a place that has a beach neer the dropzone. I was told about the boogie in escondido but aparently registration is closed...Enyone know if we can still show up there ? or eny other similiar place in mexico/ cuba / enywhere that has plane that go hier then 10 000 ?

Also, let me know if some of you will be in the south between those dates and want to split room or something !

No beach, but plenty of sand, and an onsite wind tunnel. The Holiday Boogie at Eloy. You can save on lodging by either camping or sleeping in the bunkhouse.

Wendy P.
There is nothing more dangerous than breaking a basic safety rule and getting away with it. It removes fear of the consequences and builds false confidence. (tbrown)

Don't worry too much about jump ticket price. The difference is small compared to the cost of travel. If you want a beach trip go to Florida, but it's not beach season there anyway, so who cares? If you want the best odds of making lots of jumps, go to Eloy. It has the most dependable weather, but not hot at that time of year.

Mexico is a place to go to for a warm vacation, not a skydive trip. So it all depends on what you want from your vacation.
Always remember the brave children who died defending your right to bear arms. Freedom is not free.

If you are looking for CSPA coaching or instructing contact your local DZ, or one of the LeMay's DZs. Or contact TK Hayes in Z-Hills to see what is available during that time period. There are Canadian instructors wintering down there, but your timing is not the best for that sort of thing. This is the boogie holiday boogie period when these people are mostly looking at having fun, not working.

Most of the Quebecois instructors that winter down south are in Florida. Come to Eloy and you will probably find Evolution training, but not till a week after those dates.
Always remember the brave children who died defending your right to bear arms. Freedom is not free.

It's the skydiving season in FL during that time, the dropzones will be busy and fun. Zhills and Sebastian will both be having New Year's boogies. The best part of going to FL, in my opinion, is that you can visit so many dropzones within just two hours of each other. It's also worth your time to also visit DeLand, Lake Wales and Palatka. Visit the tunnel in Orlando too!
She is Da Man, and you better not mess with Da Man,
because she will lay some keepdown on you faster than, well, really fast. ~Billvon

Iago

***Hey everyone,

I need some advice about where it would be best for me to travel between the 29th of december and 7-8th of january for a skydiving trip.

Im from quebec so florida is the closest but not super hot at this time of the year. Z-hills might be fun, eny thoughts on this place?

Idd like a place that has cheap jumping tickets, i thought about Lodi in california but aparently its pretty rainy during winter...I dont want to spend 800$ on a plane ticket and have a week of raining...enyone's been there around december-january?

I would also like a place that has a beach neer the dropzone. I was told about the boogie in escondido but aparently registration is closed...Enyone know if we can still show up there ? or eny other similiar place in mexico/ cuba / enywhere that has plane that go hier then 10 000 ?

Also, let me know if some of you will be in the south between those dates and want to split room or something !

Florida or Perris/Elsinore. Nothing against the NORCAL crew, but SOCAL may be a bit more temperature friendly. Eloy will probably get pretty cold at night (it is a desert) but if cold doesn't bother you you can crank out jumps.

Beaches in FL will be pretty bare this time of year. The water is pretty cold. SOCAL will probably still have surfers braving the water looking for waves.

The NYE party migrated from ZHills to Sebastion in the late 2000s, but it tends to migrate every five years so it may be drifting back. I haven't been there in awhile.

It's going to be back in zhills this year. (That's the rumor)
Flock University FWC / ZFlock
B.A.S.E. 1580
Aussie BASE 121