Matti3

Anyone Know of Skydiving in South Korea?

I am going to be in South Korea for a year [:/]
and was wondering if anyone has ever jumped there or
knows any connections in Korea. I saw an online page for Skydive South Korea, not sure how legit it is there...
I really dont want to stop skydiving for a whole year...

I was stationed in Osan for a year and got 2 jumps in [:/]

There's a skydiving club that meets up in a park near Seoul and rents a helicopter and pilot and jump from 9,000 feet because of the air space restrictions. Last I heard, it cost about $100 a jump if you have your own gear and license. I payed $80 a jump. I also had to give them about 2 weeks notice so they could schedule a slot for me to jump. If you have the time and motivation, it's possible. I'd recommend saving your money and taking a vacation halfway through your tour and make a bunch of skydives in the states.

Matti- We talked through work email. I was stationed in Daegu last year before coming to USAFA. Check out https://www.facebook.com/groups/269999436410288/
and get with Youngchol Choi or Joungan Yi. They jump in Yecheon and down south. I had a car so it was easier to travel to their "mobile" DZ. The language barrier is there, and used my civilian co-workers to help translate. They are a great jump club and treated me very well. Where are you PCSing to?

Dan

Matti3, I am in the same boat in Osan until Feb 2016. I scoured these forums, and haven't had any luck with the few suggestions so far. If you make any progress/contacts, I'd be much obliged if you shared!

Everyone, thanks for the info. I have looking on those sites and messaging suggested people and more. No replies yet, but I'll keep trying.

Outside of the dropzones I am struggling to contact (or if there is any new information/POCs for them), if there are any riggers out here or if anyone knows of one, I'd be much obliged if you shared that as well.

Thanks again.

If you have your gear with you, make sure you have a current passport if you're military.

Unless you live in Seoul, it's just not worth the cost. Just go to Japan via Busan on the Hydrofoil and bullet train it to the closest DZ every 3 day weekend you get.