EFS4LIFE

Which DZ should I visit near Ventura, California?

Subject line says it all. I will be visitng family in Ventura for the holidays. It is an hour or a bit more northwest of LA. DZ locator on USPA website shows some options, but are there any non group member dz's I maybe missing? Looking like Skydive Santa Barbra is the closest that matches preferred criteria....turbine is a must. I jump 182s here and have no desire to do so on my trip. Is the extra mileage warranted for a trip to Elisnore or Perris? California jumpers please let me know from your experiences. Thanks in advance.
I am an asshole, but I am honest

stayhigh

Skydive Taft just acquired a turbine A/C. Beech 99, cousin of King Air.

I've heard SDSB is a super tandem orientated DZ.

Perris/Elsinore and Taft are probably pretty similar distances... but having jumped at both Taft is fun and more personal and laid back I'd say, probably just because there are less jumpers. But at the same time you're not gonna crank out 10 jumps a day.

I am not so much about quanity as I am quality. I get plenty of quanity pitching drogues and doing AFF at my Home DZ. I keep hearing Taft but USPA said they operate a 206. Good info. I may not have considered Taft a possibility without this thread. Glad I asked. Taft will probably get a visit. I think I would be amiss not to check out Elisnore and Perris as well. SDSB will probably be left out. I get the whole tandem mill thing. It is what keeps DZ's in business; my home do included; but not what I am looking for on my trip.

Thanks guys.
I am an asshole, but I am honest

DZO of Taft, Lelo is one of the nicest guy you'll meet.

Suvivor of gnarliest double tandem mal. Ask him about that story and he'll ask you "Which one?"

If you are going to make it all the way down to Perris and Elsinore then why not include Oceanside?

or even Skydive San Diego.
Bernie Sanders for President 2016