Mach1dmb

Skys The Limit Belize

Mach1dmb

Its a DZ in Pennsylvania, but they are apparently moving their operation down to Belize for winter. Was hoping someone knew more about it.

Took me a half second of googling to find their FB page, which indicates they're open in PA till mid-December. Which means someone will probably answer the phone if you call them. I bet they'd "know more about it."
"There is only one basic human right, the right to do as you damn well please. And with it comes the only basic human duty, the duty to take the consequences." -P.J. O'Rourke

Yes STL is opening a second skydiving center in Belize this winter... we should have more information by the beginning of December. Will have beach landings for C license and above in front of the Placencia Resort and airport landings for others. Will have a van for transporting back and forth.

Are ya'll also organizing Blue Hole jumps?

+1

I really wanted to do that jump when we were there in Sept., but chartering a helicopter for a Blue Hole "tour" and arranging a boat to be onsite was going to be about $4k (USD not BZ) and they wouldn't help with the aviation authority permits - so that jump didn't happen. Would love the opportunity to do it at some point though.
Thomas Crowe, NRP
Nationally Registered Paramedic
Red Hat Linux Geek

The Blue Hole is a World Heritage Site. You need permission from the government to skydive into it. If you land on the surrounding coral, you can be fined up to $25,000.

It's also not a jump to just do if you haven't been out there before. And if you landed on the coral, got fined and the GOB shut it down for jumping, I would have to kill you.:P

I've dove (SCUBA) the Blue Hole, I've been a scuba diver for many more years than I've been a skydiver. I'm very aware of coral conservation, but it is good that you mention it for those that may not be.

We stayed at a place in the Turneffe atoll and did 6 days of 3-tank boat dives every day - it was amazing! Spent a day in Belize City, it was ummm interesting.
Thomas Crowe, NRP
Nationally Registered Paramedic
Red Hat Linux Geek