adrenamix

Jumping in Noumea, NC and Tokyo, JP

Hi there,

Will be travelling to New Caledonia and Japan shortly, spending a few weeks in each destination.

Like to get insights into the dropzones in each of these countries. Any contacts would help too :)

I have an Australian Parachute Federation (APF) B License, have own gear with AAD.

- pre-arrival paperwork outside of license / logbook
- DZ(s) and location, sport jumpers friendly?
- jump or operation days
- how to get there / transportation to DZ
- persons to contact

Anything else thats good to know!

Thanks in advance

- Sean

Bealio

I thought there was another DZ nearby. I heard the 2 DZO's have some drama.

This is before my time, but there were once 2 clubs at the same DZ. The other club folded after it had the dual tandem fatality in 2004 (link below), leaving ours.

http://www.dropzone.com/cgi-bin/forum/gforum.cgi?post=850862

If you mean a totally different club, there is the Fujioka DZ, but it's significantly farther from Tokyo. I've never heard any talk about it at TSC, don't know who jumps there or much about it at all. I think they have a helicopter but no plane. Maybe I should check it out.

"So many fatalities and injuries are caused by decisions jumpers make before even getting into the aircraft. Skydiving can be safe AND fun at the same time...Honest." - Bill Booth

Bealio

It looks like it's about 2 hours north. You'd have to pay seperate insurance and club fee, so i don't think it would be worth it. There's lots of bridges around there worth checking out though and those are free ;)

Be prepared to come back home earlier than scheduled
ça passe ou ça frotte