CCGV19

Places to Jump near Charlotte, NC and looking for a new DZ to call home

I have been to Skydive Carolina a few years back and it was a great spot. Now that I have moved down here are there other dropzones I should visit? What is the vibe in the area? Is Raeford worth the drive from Charlotte? Any of the smaller dz's fun for a visit or just head to Skydive Carolina?

Also does Skydive Carolina do gear sales? Any talk on them getting a swoop pond. I am not a swooper but love taking pics of those guys and gals and when I'm ready I'd rather get wet in a pond then really hurt on the land. Still practicing that stuff up high.

I'd love to link up with some CRW dogs or attend more training on that.

Any upcoming boogies or events down in the Carolinas? I should mention I did a search and the responses were from 2007. I realize the info is good but wanted to find out what has changed etc. I'd like a more update as to where I can call my new home and also where I should and shouldn't spend my money.

Thank you in advance

Welcome to NC!! I love Skydive Carolina and would be there more often if I lived a bit closer. Not sure how far the commute would be for you to get to Raeford but it is also an amazing place and worth checking out. Raeford is currently my home DZ and I spend pretty much every weekend there. It has a swoop pond and a few dedicated swoopers that spend most of the weekend doing hop and pops so I am sure you could get some great shots hanging out there. They also offer canopy courses whenever there is any interest. It is on its own airport so no tower or sharing with general aviation. They jump a twin otter and a pac 750. They have a bar on site as well as a great gear store. Not sure if you are interested in tunnel flying at all but Paraclete XP is about 10 minutes down the road from the dz. Very convenient if you would like jump and tunnel fly on the same day/weekend. PM me if you have any more questions about it.

Hey,

I work at Flying Tigers Sport Parachute Center down in Anderson, SC. It's a pretty straight shot down I-85 from Charlotte. We're a smaller, weekend only dz, but have a good group of fun jumpers. Check us out on Facebook or shoot me a message if you'd like to join us for a weekend.

Hope to see you!