emmett751

Z-Hills x-mas boogie

Hey Nate.

I try too make the boogie for several days before or after Christmas. Got sick so didn't go last year.

Anyway there is no boogie fee.
Usually have four otters available to run.
Good mix of people. Belly, free fly, wing suit. Night jumps and high altitude. They have a swoop pond. Landing area is big and airport area is large.

Manifest is great, facilities are good. Camp, rent trailers on site available, motel rooms about ten minutes away.

Lots of people from Europe and up north.

Weather usually about 70-80 during the day.

Worth going if you haven't been.

wayneflorida

Hey Nate.

I try too make the boogie for several days before or after Christmas. Got sick so didn't go last year.

Anyway there is no boogie fee.
Usually have four otters available to run.
Good mix of people. Belly, free fly, wing suit. Night jumps and high altitude. They have a swoop pond. Landing area is big and airport area is large.

Manifest is great, facilities are good. Camp, rent trailers on site available, motel rooms about ten minutes away.

Lots of people from Europe and up north.

Weather usually about 70-80 during the day.

Worth going if you haven't been.

Ditto on everythng Wayne said. It is a great boogie! I will probably go this year again.
Life is all about ass....either you're kicking it, kissing it, working it off, or trying to get a piece of it.
Muff Brother #4382 Dudeist Skydiver #000
www.fundraiseadventure.com

sorry i usually do not troll dropzone.com to advertise our boogies much. Dates are already set and on the calendar of events for December at www.skydivecity.com
http://skydivecity.com/Calendar/calendar.html

We usually have 700-1000 people come through the Xmas Boogie every year, organizers for all disciplines, multiple Super Otters flying, Pirate Day on New Year's Eve, plus we have run double page adds in Parachutist and several other mags recently about the boogie specifically.

Dinners every night, fireworks show New Year's, Night Jumps, High Altitude loads, etc etc.

hope to see you there,
TK

anyone interested in dizzy dot com belly bigway??

As long as it's less than 6 people and has less than 4 points, I'm IN! :P
She is Da Man, and you better not mess with Da Man,
because she will lay some keepdown on you faster than, well, really fast. ~Billvon

skymama

As long as it's less than 6 people and has less than 4 points, I'm IN! :P

If that's what you guys are doing, I'm pretty sure we'll be able to beat you this year! ;-)
Remster

emmett751

Hey there, me and my lady are planning for christmas travels this year, we've done Invasion and done Eloy's holiday boogies has anyone done Z-Hills, how does it compare (people, party, jumps lo's etc...) Thanks.

I have been in the sport for less than 3 years but have spent New Years at Zhills the last 3 New Years. Once as a student and twice since. I have made 2 other trips to Zhills as well. While I am not much of a party person, I really enjoy jumping and staying at Zhills.
Instructor quote, “What's weird is that you're older than my dad!”

Post a date/time group if it is going to happen. Would love to participate, but have to practice counting to six and four, apparently.
Shit happens. And it usually happens because of physics.

Its been a while since I went there, but I have always had such a great time.

IMO Zhills has the best overall vibe out of the DZ´s I have visited. Lots of other dropzones quiet down after jumping, but at Zhills people stay at the DZ to enjoy the evening. Great people and really good weather during xmas.

I suppose there might be RV´s for rent at the DZ if you book in advance. That would be my choice of accomodation in Zhills. Theres only a few taxis in the area, but at least one of them used to accept weed for payment. (old hippie looking fellow B| )

The only negative thing is that if you jump at midnight on new years eve, you better watch out for those rockets under canopy. :D (i kid you not)

flyhi

Post a date/time group if it is going to happen. Would love to participate, but have to practice counting to six and four, apparently.

let's see who is interested and what days they will be attending and we can go from there
You can't be drunk all day if you don't start early!

This was my first boogie when I started in 2011 and I only had about 28 jumps at the time. It was such an awesome time and I learned quite a bit. We couldn't attend the next year and I can honestly say it was one of the most depressing Christmas's I can remember. We went back again last year and had another amazing time and now it is our new Christmas tradition, Christmas in zhills. The only thing I will warn you of is to keep your head on a swivel at all times under canopy. There is usually a lot of visiting jumpers and more importantly visiting students and not everyone "gets" the landing pattern.

I made it there last year for the New Years Boogie and a bunch of Days afterword. Let me tell you that it was a great time. I am not the most experienced and at the time I had just earned my B license and loved the Zhills vibe. There was plenty of fun for me to be had and what I really liked is more experienced jumpers made jumps with me and included me in on their bigger group jumps but gave me a slot that I felt comfortable with. I also made a bunch of fun 2 way and solo jumps and the experienced jumpers would touch base with me as the days went by. I also had some firsts and bought lots of beer at the bar afterward but the vibe is really cool people didn't expect the beer instead they wanted to cheers and hear why we were celebrating.

The staff was really top notch and there are some very bright people to give you instruction and coaching. I had recently been there for a Flight 1 canopy course to get the B and do water training and some of the instructors even remembered me a couple months later while they looked to be busy with their students. I have since visited again because the people and vibe as well as talent and goal focused coaches that have helped. TK runs a good business and professionalism, safety and kindness are very clear in his approach.

Also 4 Otters that were running the entire time... that could be its own selling pointB|. PS the pirate ship party was very memorable! ;) I say DO IT!!!