NWFlyer

August 2-10 2014, the 47th Annual Lost Prairie Boogie

So yesterday I was trying to reset the password on an account that I hadn't accessed in a couple of years. I was asked my security question which was "What is your favorite vacation spot?"

Of course I answered "Montana" ... which was wrong.>:( So I had to actually call to get the password reset and the account unlocked by validating other personal information.

Once I finally got back into the account, I reset the password and the security question.

My original security question response: Lost Prairie. Apparently I was quite specific when I originally answered it. :D:D

"There is only one basic human right, the right to do as you damn well please. And with it comes the only basic human duty, the duty to take the consequences." -P.J. O'Rourke

Somehow, we're not getting the usual number of LP posts this year. Is this do to a lack of Tall Guy and Grimmie posts?

Hopefully this is not a premonition of smaller turnout, not with the Skyvan finally coming back.

madjohn

Main goals in life: Be on the "Jumpers Over Eighty" (JOE) World Record and attend the Lost Prairie Boogie once after I'm gone.

hcsvader

There's this thing called Facebook :P

'Zactly. Most event posts on here have slowed down considerably in the last few years as the chatter moves elsewhere.
"There is only one basic human right, the right to do as you damn well please. And with it comes the only basic human duty, the duty to take the consequences." -P.J. O'Rourke

It would be awesome to have an LP scrapbook and we appreciate that proceeds would benefit future Joel scholars. Thanks, Eric. Joel's Mom Gail
Dropzone observer since August 5, 1999 when my son Joel Atkinson first jumped at Lost Prairie for his 18th birthday.

jdobleman

Somehow, we're not getting the usual number of LP posts this year. Is this do to a lack of Tall Guy and Grimmie posts?

Hopefully this is not a premonition of smaller turnout, not with the Skyvan finally coming back.

madjohn

Yup I'm a dick and have ignored my dropzone.com roots.

I've been doing most of my post whoring on the facebook this year. We've got a really nice count on the "Going" list so far and for good reason.

Like you said, we'll have a Skyvan. The organizer line-up is looking solid. There is a super posh new shower house that went up last year. Sorry for those of you who missed it. We had to go coed periodically while they finished painting the boys and the girls sides. We're no longer conflicting with Summerfest, so I expect to see a bunch of new folks head up from there to join us once it wraps up. Plus, the various camps should be adding a couple new attractions for our evening festivities.

I have no doubt this one is going to have everyone telling their friends "You should have been there, you have absolutely no idea."

Obviously there are a lot more people going, but they're all on the Facebook page. Doesn't stop people here from listing their arrival dates though.
July 30th

madjohn

Main goals in life: Be on the "Jumpers Over Eighty" (JOE) World Record and attend the Lost Prairie Boogie once after I'm gone.

Arriving: Friday evening 8/8.
Departing: Monday evening 8/11.

A pickup Friday night from the Kalispell airport would be helpful. Also, a dropoff Monday late morning to the same place as well. Will then rent a car for the rest of the day Monday to explore Glacier National Park.

Sorry, I spoke before i booked my flights. Wont be making it this year :(

Going to spend the rest of the summer in Austria, Ive heard there are a lot of rocks there B|

Seriously tho, can someone guard naked rock for me :P

Have you seen my pants?
it"s a rough life, Livin' the dream
>:)

Arriving 8/2, departing 8/10.

As always, I will be offering WS First Flight courses and organizing birds the rest of the time.

Flocking out of the Skyvan.

Yaah buddy!
50 donations so far. Give it a try.

You know you want to spank it
Jump an Infinity

We'll get there when we get there, and leave sometime around the end :ph34r:

Wendy P.

There is nothing more dangerous than breaking a basic safety rule and getting away with it. It removes fear of the consequences and builds false confidence. (tbrown)

i won't make it this year :(, but if anyone comes across my phone at the fire tower, i'd still like to get it back. it won't work, but i'd like to have it back anyway, it had a nice case on it.

"Hang on a sec, the young'uns are throwin' beer cans at a golf cart."
MB4252 TDS699
killing threads since 2001

Btw do we need to officially reserve anything if we want to camp (in our RV)?

Wendy P.
There is nothing more dangerous than breaking a basic safety rule and getting away with it. It removes fear of the consequences and builds false confidence. (tbrown)