NWFlyer

August 2-10 2014, the 47th Annual Lost Prairie Boogie

Somewhere, over the Prairie, Skyvans fly!

That's right, the flying toaster will be back at Lost Prairie this year, along with two, count 'em, two Otters and the fabulous SDAZ air and ground crew that keep the most beautiful boogie in the U.S. running smoothly every year.

All the details (still being finalized) are at the link below. For now, get your asses in gear figuring out how to get yourself to beautiful Northwest Montana for "Summer Camp for Skydivers."

http://www.meadowpeakskydiving.com/lost-prairie-boogie-2014/

The infrastructure for the boogie continues to get better and better each year. Set up your tent or RV right next to the landing area, walk to the brand new shower/bath houses, pick up some food from the on-site vendor, wave hi at the beautiful manifest goddess on your way to the big circus tent that doubles as a loading area.

One thing that will never changes is the fact that the weather is terrible, the skydives suck, the beer is warm and there's too many damn Canadians! But you should show up anyway.
"There is only one basic human right, the right to do as you damn well please. And with it comes the only basic human duty, the duty to take the consequences." -P.J. O'Rourke

But you should show up anyway.

That's the plan :)
Wendy P.
There is nothing more dangerous than breaking a basic safety rule and getting away with it. It removes fear of the consequences and builds false confidence. (tbrown)

wmw999

But you should show up anyway.

That's the plan :)
Wendy P.

Yay!
"There is only one basic human right, the right to do as you damn well please. And with it comes the only basic human duty, the duty to take the consequences." -P.J. O'Rourke

DBCOOPER

12:32? Slacker :P

Well, 9:32 for me. :P

Hey, it was actually 3 full days late... so blame one of the other slackers who didn't post it (I can usually count on drdive or TallGuy to be on this like white on rice the very day that it's allowed to be posted!).

Hoping I can make it this year. I will be back in Canada in july for a visit. Unfortunately Im not able to spend much time outside of Australia with my current work visa.

I think you all may need to come a visit the Australian version of LP next year at Batchelor :)
Have you seen my pants?
it"s a rough life, Livin' the dream
>:)

Darwin Parachute club. Batchelor, northern territory, Australia
Around the end of july. Runs every second year.

I could swear it is the sister boogie of lost prairie. The oldest running boogie in Aus, amazing area of the world, incredible people.

Ill stop now so I dont get into trouble for promoting another boogie in this thread.

My plan was to alternate the boogies and go to LP when Batchelor is on an off year but Im going to be tight for time this year I think.

My Main reason for traveling back to Canada and America is to visit my family and go camping with them, unfortunately this is in early july and they cant change their holidays.

I think a can allow for a month of travel out of Australia this summer but I also have to do a trip to Vienna to see a girl, either on the way to, or from Canada and that really cuts into my travel time.

I'll try my best to make it, you never know whats happening with me :)

Maybe you guys can help me convince the girlfriend that I dont need to spend a whole week in Austria and that instead we should go to LP :P

Have you seen my pants?
it"s a rough life, Livin' the dream
>:)

You should pay for her to come to LP with you.

Wendy P.
There is nothing more dangerous than breaking a basic safety rule and getting away with it. It removes fear of the consequences and builds false confidence. (tbrown)

Maybe you guys can help me convince the girlfriend that I dont need to spend a whole week in Austria and that instead we should go to LP

Is she open to you Robbing other gals? Otherwise, how are you going to have the full Vader LP experience? :D:D:)

If she's never been to the US before, what better place?
If she has, what better place to see skydiving at its best?

Hope you both make it.

madjohn

Main goals in life: Be on the "Jumpers Over Eighty" (JOE) World Record and attend the Lost Prairie Boogie once after I'm gone.

Going up early, as usual. I'll be driving from Spokane Airport on the 30th if anyone needs a ride.

madjohn

time to start the list

Main goals in life: Be on the "Jumpers Over Eighty" (JOE) World Record and attend the Lost Prairie Boogie once after I'm gone.

drdive
Ladydiver
Pattersd
madjohn
monkycndo

And for some reason, I was thinking it was 3 months for an event posting, so I was going to do it last night a "little" before midnight sky mama time :P

"We saved your gear. Now you can sell it when you get out of the hospital and upsize!!" "K-Dub"

"

drdive
Ladydiver
Pattersd
madjohn
monkycndo
NWFlyer
rafael

drdive
Ladydiver
madjohn
monkycndo
NWFlyer
Pattersd
rafael
wmw999

Wendy P.

For this years boogie at LP I am working on a project and am asking the help of anyone who might read this thread.

I started jumping at Lost Prairie a few years ago and love it immensely. Anyone out there that might have photos of the prairie, past boogies, or random shots I would love to have copies of them. Please send me a PM if you are willing/able to help. I am more than happy to send external hard drives to people for copies of photos, or I am glad to turn photos into digital copies.

My goal is to compile all of these pictures and make a scrap book of LP. Once the book is complete everyone will be able to get a copy of the book and all proceeds will go to the Joel Atkinson Skydiver Memorial Fund. This memorial fund allows many people to experience their first skydive or help new skydivers get into the sport.

I greatly appreciate any help that can be given to this project and I look forward to seeing you all at LP this summer.
Time flies like an arrow. Fruit flies like a banana.