skittles_of_SDC

Dropzones Near County Cork, Ireland?

Anyone know if there are any around? I'm going to be going on a cycling tour through county Cork this summer but I can probably sneak away to make a jump as long as the DZ isn't too far. Worth getting current if I can make an Ireland jump happen. I didn't see any DZs listed near there in the "Dropzones" section, but heres to hoping.

Nope nothing , only fun jump DZ is Irish Parachute Club , <1 hour south west of Dublin .
Skydive Ireland would be closest , in Galway , about 2 hours from Cork , but they are mostly tandem , you would need to contact them before .
IPC sometimes operate in Kerry airport , about 1 hour from Cork . but only once or twice a year .
When are you here , should really consider the Ring of Kerry , beautiful cycle . Can be done any time but best time is July 5th , was about 9000 cyclists last year , very well run and very enjoyable
http://www.ringofkerrycycle.ie/

Thanks for the info Padraig! That's a shame but sort of what I expected.

I'm not positive when I'm going to be there, probably August 24th-30th. It's through trektravel.com so they provide all the routes and make all the lodging plans. Just easier that way. Thanks for the heads up though, I'll look into that for the future. If it's as pretty as I hear it is, I'm sure I'll be back!