Blackjack

Lodi for UK jumpers?

Hi guys :)
Me and my brother are thinking of coming across from the UK in the summer to jump as much as possible and had a few questions if anyone can help out as we've never been there before.

- What is the closest international airport and easiest way to fly there. Is Sacramento the closest?

- What's the best month for jumping weather or is all summer good? (unlike the UK ;) )

- Is there accommodation at the DZ or is there a close town with cheap accommodation in it?

Thanks for any help and advice guys :)

It may not be relevant or important to you, but the third party liability insurance I get through my Canadian skydiving association (CSPA) is void when jumping at a foreign dropzone that is not recognized by that country's FAI-recognized parachuting association. So one takes ones chances at a non-USPA DZ.

I don't know whether that applies to any insurance a British jumper might have.

Yes, Sacramento International is the closest major airport. Yes the weather is always awesome. Lodi is open everyday. It's not out in the middle of nowhere, so motels are available. One up the street is $ 39/ night. You might find a couch from friendly locals. Also, don't listen to negative feedback from people who have never been there. 5, 4, 3, 2, ..............
Life is short ... jump often.

Sacramento is ok, just email them your flight details and you can get airport pickup for $25/person.

Everyday is sunny day but it is extremely hot in summer, I was there last June and it was 105 degree

You can camp in the DZ, they have a big hanger for campers. Or you can stay in the bunkhouse, private room for $10/day