CCGV19

FUN Jumping near Jacksonville

Hello I will be in Jacksonville for a Country Concert in June and wondering what the best DZ is close by/ within driving distance?

I used the dz search and found Skydive Jacksonville, Skydive Palatka, and Skydive Amelia Island or I can drive up to Georgia.

I have been to Sebastian, Zhills, JUMP Florida, and Skydive Lake Whales, and DeLand before what is the vibe up near Jacksonville? Anything worth jumping or do I drive to Georgia before I leave to hit some otters or drive down to the usually spots in FL like I mentioned above?

My home DZ has Cessna 182 so I don't mind that but prefer larger planes for more jumping. I am looking for advice on a good spot to visit while I am in town. Of the ones I mentioned does anyone have experience with those close to Jacksonville area?

Thanks,

Curt

I was looking at moving to Amelia Island. And contacted Skydive Amelia. The owner says they are restricted by the city to tandem jumpers only.
Of course if its a federally funded airport they cant restrict his business in this way. But I dont know the particulars on the funding.
Also even if it was allowed legally, they are his planes and choice would be his.

Consequently we are looking at Savannah, GA or down around Tampa, FL instead.

***I was looking at moving to Amelia Island. And contacted Skydive Amelia. The owner says they are restricted by the city to tandem jumpers only.
Of course if its a federally funded airport they cant restrict his business in this way. But I dont know the particulars on the funding.
Also even if it was allowed legally, they are his planes and choice would be his.

I'm familiar with their operation and as I understand it the DZO signed an agreement with the Airport to only do Tandems. The agreement does allow any staff to do jumps there. If you have any instructional ratings and showed up with your rig, who knows, you might become a staff member for a day;)
Ma

firemedic

***I was looking at moving to Amelia Island. And contacted Skydive Amelia. The owner says they are restricted by the city to tandem jumpers only.

I'm familiar with their operation and as I understand it the DZO signed an agreement with the Airport to only do Tandems. The agreement does allow any staff to do jumps there. If you have any instructional ratings and showed up with your rig, who knows, you might become a staff member for a day;)
Ma

Im working hard toward them. But not there yet (looks left at his 37 jumps thus far).