sdigital

Going to Vegas & Grand Canyon - Which DZ?

So I've been looking into the reviews here of DropZones.

I think its worth noting that the one I was planning on going to:

Sin City Skydiving is CLOSED

So I started reading into: Vegas Extreme Skydiving and I called them, they seem nice enough but it DOES seem very limited of a dropzone.

I'm also going to be taking a drive out to the Grand Canyon and I found another dropzone just outside of Flagstaff: Red Rock Skydiving, LLC

Who's been to Vegas, and/Or Arizona.

Which would you recommend? I don't care if there are no other fun jumpers, I just want to build some skills and jump and don't want to wait all day to sneak on a load.

Your advice is valued. Thanks!

I did a jump at Skydive Mesquite. A little over an hour drive from the Strip if I recall correctly. I went mid week during Septemeber and had to call to schedule it. Jump was from a 182 but I believe they have larger aircraft there on weekends and during this time of year when it isn't as brutally hot.
http://www.skydivemesquite.com/

sdigital

So I've been looking into the reviews here of DropZones.

I think its worth noting that the one I was planning on going to:

Sin City Skydiving is CLOSED

So I started reading into: Vegas Extreme Skydiving and I called them, they seem nice enough but it DOES seem very limited of a dropzone.

I'm also going to be taking a drive out to the Grand Canyon and I found another dropzone just outside of Flagstaff: Red Rock Skydiving, LLC

Who's been to Vegas, and/Or Arizona.

Which would you recommend? I don't care if there are no other fun jumpers, I just want to build some skills and jump and don't want to wait all day to sneak on a load.

Your advice is valued. Thanks!

When are you going? I'm going to Mesquite the end of next week, 2/7-2/8.

Hey, I'm going that same weekend! I'm debating on bringing my gear. Would you consider the closer LV DZ? I'm going with friends and its a warm climate. I wouldn't resist the urge to get a few jumps in but at same time don't want to spend all day at the DZ at the risk of being annoying to my friends I'm going with. Let me know what's good.

Thanks!

Stephen

Red Rock is South of Sedona, which is South of Flagstaff. The drive takes you through Oak Creek Canyon and through the middle of Sedona. The drive to get to Red Rock is worth the trip by itself. Id go to Red Rock and make a day of it, ask the locals for a good place to go after you make your jump. It's a small cessna DZ, so give them a call before you head out. There is a lot to see and do if you get winded out. I recommend the town of Jerome.

Trafficdiver

I'll be in Vegas for work so I want to hit the closest DZ that is fun jumper friendly. From what I've read that's Mequite. I'm bringing my rig cause cause I love it. :)

You've heard correctly.
Check out mesquites website. they have the caravan during the weekends in winter months.

It is a about 20 miles further than the other dz's (40 round trip) but it'll be wirth it to go to a fun jumper dz.

They have the sweetheart boogie coming up in feb...

Check out the fun jumpers facebook page. https://www.facebook.com/pages/Mesquite-Fun-Jumpers-MFJ/144878748928813 they may be able to help you get a ride
My photos

My Videos

Trafficdiver

Yep. I ended up going there on Saturday. Great place, good people. Wish I could have spent more time there.

Excellent. Glad you got there.
I miss those people and that dropzone every day.
My photos

My Videos