ianyapxw

Need information on Newcastle, NSW, Australia

Your options are:

Skydive Maitland which is at the Maitland airport in Rutherford. This is where I jump. There are a core group of 20-30 people who are great and look after each other. I am just off of student status and have never jumped elsewhere. Fun jumpers slot in with the tandems and there are fun loads when there are no tandems.
It is run by Jay and Mel who are both really friendly and willing to help.

The other option is the Newcastle Sports Parachuting Club which is out at Elderslie. This is about 20 min or so from Maitland and I think is further from Newcastle than Skydive Maitland. I think Elderslie is focused more on fun jumping but I have never been there.

Both have good websites so check them out.
Good Luck.

ianyapxw

(: Haha problem is that it's kinda far and unless there's public transport it's not possible.

:(

Just post on skysurfer or the elderslie facebook page when you're wanting to head up. I'm sure you can get a lift with someone.

NPower heads up fairly frequently from Syd. However he does follow "The unwritten book of the road"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZXz-HCcDUHY

Thanks (:

I have to admit, it's quite a close one for me to choose. I think at the end it'll depend on whichever is cheaper and whichever is more convenient.

Do you know if they have any upfront 'A' license course? I messaged them on FB but still haven't got a reply. They don't seem to have an email too...

Another option that may work without wheels is Sydney Skydivers down at Picton. Haven't been there in a few years, but they used to run a free shuttle bus from Central. Give them a call and see if they still have that. With an express from Newcastle, that could work out well.