brfuga32

Skydiving in Phuket Thailand?

Hey I'm heading to Phuket for work, but only for a couple days so I can't just drive or fly over to the other dropzones in Thailand. I was wondering if anyone knew of a way to jump in Phuket or really close by. I've tried contacting the Phuket airpark with no reply, and the helicopter tour companies, but I recieved a reply for the them that the civil air administration prevents people from skydiving in phuket. Come on though, it's Thailand, money buys anything. What's the best way to contact maybe a local pilot, fixed wing or rotary, so I can do a jump onto a beach or wherever.

From what I understand, Birds and Thai Sky Adv are the only 2 dropzones in Thailand.

I know money can buy anything, but to expect to bribe your way to airspace... I'm sure you need good and powerful 'friends'.

edit: you might want to try basejumper, they should have beter contacts

You've got 100 jumps and want to bribe your way into a lift in a foreign country, in a region where it's specifically prohibited, so you can, by yourself, "jump onto a beach or wherever."

Sounds like you've thought this one through well enough. What could possibly go wrong?
"There is only one basic human right, the right to do as you damn well please. And with it comes the only basic human duty, the duty to take the consequences." -P.J. O'Rourke