malooper

Jumping in Central Coast California?

My sister is working on me to move out here in California and I was curious to see if anyone has any recommendations for the area? I know Skydive Santa Barbara is within reasonable distance and that's where she did her tandem. Skydive Pismo Beach has just tandems that I saw...Any input would be appreciated!
Courage is the power to let go of the familiar.
-Raymond Lindquist

I used to jump at Skydive Santa Barbara a lot and it is a good dropzone with some great people, but it is more of a tandem dz. I haven't jumped there much lately so don't what it's like now, but the drive to Perris or Elsinore is worth it if you really want to advance your skills.
"I fly because it releases my mind from the tyranny of petty things." - Antoine de Saint-Exupery

Thanks for the replies.

I'd definitely plan to visit these infamous DZ's but I don't know if I'd be able to do it regularly.

Are there places to crash overnight at Perris or Elsinore? Or close by?
Courage is the power to let go of the familiar.
-Raymond Lindquist

It also kinda depends on where "here in California" is for you... I'm in the Central Valley, and it is 30 minutes to my DZ. If you are on the Central Coast, you may even be able to hop over to Taft. If you are south of Sanata Maria, then Lompoc is definitely the place - heck, I used to drive over there for work at the DZ.

Once the plane takes off, you're gonna have to land - Might as well jump out!!