Rahtingo41

Dz's Near brandenton and naples Florida?

Zhills. There's also Skydive Tampa Bay, but I think they only have a Cessna there. You'll get more bang for your buck at Zhills.
She is Da Man, and you better not mess with Da Man,
because she will lay some keepdown on you faster than, well, really fast. ~Billvon

Tampa usually has a turbine for the winter. Check with them. It’s a fun DZ with great people.

Ah, cool! I was just going off their website.
She is Da Man, and you better not mess with Da Man,
because she will lay some keepdown on you faster than, well, really fast. ~Billvon

moving down to Florida in the winter what are the closest dzs? I found clewiston and sw skydive club for naples anything near brandenton? hopefully closer then an hour ?

Depending on where exactly you will be living would factor in on the hour's distance.

Below is my *personal* opinion.

Skydive SW Florida. Nice small DZ. Cessna 182 jump plane. I flew in there once just to look around and they were very friendly and looked like a good group.

Clewiston. Has a REALLY fast plane, a 900HP Caravan. Friendly staff but can be a bit slow on weekends after the tandem students have all jumped. They have some load organizers mostly on Saturdays for RW and they put together some good stuff. They have a 'Sunday Funday' every once in a while where they do crazier jumps like Mr Potato Head jumps.... Etc.

Lake Wales. This DZ seems to change hands a bunch. The locals are nice. Can't speak to the quality of the skydives since I have not been there in years and just can't see a reason to travel that far. Facilities are nice.

Skydive Tampa Bay. Small DZ that normally has a Cessna. Really nice folks. I have not jumped there in years since I am not going to travel for a Cessna.

Zhills. Big DZ. Used to be a mecca for RW, then was a mecca for Freeflying, then a mecca for wingsuits. Still a busy place with a lot of organizers. The boogies there are worth doing just because they are good and it is pretty local.

For full disclosure, I have worked at Zhills and still do on occasion and I work at Clewiston a bit (defined as when they REALLY need help and I feel like it... My wife also works there doing AFF). I used to live on the DZ in ZHills and I keep my plane in a hangar at Clewiston... So I am there all the time, just not jumping.

Knowing what TYPE of jumping you do and your experience will help a bunch.
"No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms." -- Thomas Jefferson, Thomas Jefferson Papers, 334