Mac

US DZs over 2013 Christmas / New Year Holiday Period

Summers not even over, and already a post about Christmas.... urch... [:/] - I just like to plan in advance, especially as flights are a sodding fortune if I leave it too late.

I am looking at doing some days at a US DZ around the Christmas & New Year Holiday period. I am open to any options, as I will be based in CT during that time, and so will fly out from there or Boston.

Ideally a DZ with some WSers, not necessarily any event as such (I know Perris has a NYr thing going on so considering that), but just some options for pulling some days out of the holidays jumping.

Thanks in advance for any ideas to consider...

Cheers

If you're interested in coming to FL, try contacting Scotty Burns (it seems he posts more on FB than here). He would probably have a pretty good idea as to where the wingsuiters might congregate over Christmas. It wouldn't surprise me if he was organizing something.
She is Da Man, and you better not mess with Da Man,
because she will lay some keepdown on you faster than, well, really fast. ~Billvon

OK, so more definate dates in hand... Sadly missing the main fun between Christmas and new year, so looking for advice on what I think might be a quiet time? [:/]

I am free 16th December to 21st December, and flexible to where I go.... I am thinking FL mainly (as I am on the East Coast for Christmas), but hey...

Any suggestions for the pre-christmas week where I wont be sat on the ground alone?

Cheers

Well, since those are weekdays I am going to suggest DeLand. They are pretty busy every day and you might be able to hook up with Scotty there. Give him a shout.
She is Da Man, and you better not mess with Da Man,
because she will lay some keepdown on you faster than, well, really fast. ~Billvon

Perris Valley Skydiving will be putting on their Holiday Boogie, as they do every year ! NO registration fees, $22 jumps, a fleet of Twin Otters and two Skyvans, and Load Organizing by the likes of Dan BC and Perris' famed crew of LO's ! Parties every night at the Bombshelter, including a guaranteed blowout on New Year's Eve. Onsite accomodations at the Int'l House of Parachutists, the Bunkhouse, and plenty of local hotels & motels. The weather's not completely guaranteed, but has been generally really nice for the last several years - this is So Cal after all ! And if it rains - hell, there's always Disneyland....

Your humble servant.....Professor Gravity !