leader25

Chinese native jumping in Chicagoland?

Hey, all. Phonecalls and google have fallen short on a current issue I'm facing. I have a Chinese friend whose mother is coming for a visit next month. Her English is pretty poor. My ask - does anyone know of any place where she'd be able to jump in the chicagoland area? Or S. Florida? Or SF Bay area? She'd really like to, but I know that the instruction is in English and the couple places I've called have balked at this.

Thanks in advance.

I'm guessing your friend speaks Chinese? Maybe she could go along and interpret for the instructors?

I'm assuming she would want to do a tandem, and if your friend could help out with the training, and teach her mom a handful of key phrases, I'm willing to bet one of the TIs would be game.

davelepka

I'm guessing your friend speaks Chinese? Maybe she could go along and interpret for the instructors?

I'm assuming she would want to do a tandem, and if your friend could help out with the training, and teach her mom a handful of key phrases, I'm willing to bet one of the TIs would be game.

Biggest issue that he is likely up against is that without the ability to read and comprehend english a liability waiver is non-viable. If you're looking for her to do a tandem, try smaller cessna dzs maybe? Someone might be willing to take on the extra risk.

We have taken deaf people because they can still read the waiver / watch the video and understand it, blind is harder but doable as well from a waiver standpoint. (Speaking towards issues with waivers only).
~D
Where troubles melt like lemon drops Away above the chimney tops That's where you'll find me.
Swooping is taking one last poke at the bear before escaping it's cave - davelepka