Still don’t know about Memorial Day Weekend?

Skydive2

I was under the impression you didn't support dropzones that accept 800-SKYRIDE?

He's just supporting his kid, cut him some slack will ya?

Ask him about "squrllzz."
C
But what do I know, "I only have one tandem jump."

I'm not so sure "Tom" :)
I belive their name is Bay State Skydiving, I know they have a nice web site, I have no idea about their hours.

http://baystateskydiving.com/

Now there is a piece of shit place advertising as "South Boston" skydiving, I'm not sure if it's another "Adventure Sports" shithole with inexperienced people thinking they can do tandems safely?? I belive they advertise at some grass strip airport with out ANY fucking facilities whatsoever called: CRANLAND. Seriously would you jump at a place without a phone? Or a bathroom? In the woods. In a town without a full time ambulance or fire department? And despite the advertising this CRANLAND is NOT close to any major road!!

But this place is about 3o min away from Baystate Skydiving and I belive that his kid is great and trying to make a go of things in Taunton.

No real loyaltie here just trying to keep all of these skyride places sepeerate from the legit places.

The problem as I see it is that Taunton Skydiving dosen't maintain a very proactive advertising campaign, either here or out in the "Real World."

And some of the "help" they get here is a little confusing.

As it stands I don't even know, shourt of leaving a message at Bay State what their hours are or how things work???

Please someone who knows Tom help clarify this and get the good word out!!! :S

See my reference to squirllzz on another post, I really do belive that getting the good word out about Tom Noonan is a good thing for skydiving as a whole.

I hope that shithole advertising as South Boston dies a slow death!!

What kind of asshole advertises hevallly as : "South Boston" The Cape,... and is actually 70 miles away!! Skyride that's who!>:(

Fuck them: Skyride that is!!!

But what do I know, "I only have one tandem jump."

Hi Chris. Thank you for the endorsement, very much appreciated.

The short version DZ status report is: I opened Bay State Skydiving Center last year in Boston while working full time in Deland, so it was a "fly home every weekend" between April and October, kind of thing to set up, get approved and open. It took a few months with getting FAA and MassDOT permissions, all sorted, and we opened some time in June. Then there were aircraft lease issues and bad weather, so I ended up buying a 182 with a friend in late July which I am keeping in Jumptown so they can use it while I'm in Deland.

The DZ has been more of a bucket list project thus far, so this year (2013) I'm flying when I can, by appointment. It's an amazing facility, gorgeous views and the town loves us, but it's not (this year) a full time, open every weekend, facility.

I travel a lot for my day job, so I am only planning to fly one weekend a month this summer till Labor Day. I am happy to email you ahead of time each month to let you know when I'm flying if you want to come out. We can make some jumps together, I don't get to fun jump enough any more, so it will be a good excuse to jump my sport rig.

For what it's worth about skyride, living social, groupon, etc, I am not involved in any of that. I will not work with Skyride or whatever it's new name is? Just on principal. As for Groupon or Living Social, I dont use them, but don't have an opinion either way on them. Nationally, I have seen it work well at some DZs and not so well at others. It's not my thing either way though, so I don't really have too much to offer either way, good or bad about it.

So, that's the scoop. :)
Oh..... And I'm trying to think of the "help" on here....:)

Namaste,
Tom Noonan

www.everest-skydive.com

I don't get to fun jump enough any more, so it will be a good excuse to jump my sport rig.

You know, if you just ask, I bet you could find people to jump with in DeLand too. :):P
She is Da Man, and you better not mess with Da Man,
because she will lay some keepdown on you faster than, well, really fast. ~Billvon