UKKid35

Room to Rent Early September for Lodi, CA ?

Sorry you're not getting much help, but as a semi local I'll try to put in my two cents.

The Parachute Center itself and surrounding areas is a bit isolated. The closest towns are Galt and Lodi. Both places are about a 10-15 minute drive from the Parachute Center. Plan on renting a car to get around anywhere as public transportation doesn't really service the area. The closest "big" city would be Stockton or Sacramento, but they are each about a 30-40 minute drive away.

Motels/Hotels will range from about 40-100 USD a night depending on how nice they are. I would also suggest calling ahead to see if you can arrange a lower rate since you will be staying for an extended period of time.

If you are looking for an even cheaper option I would suggest checking www.airbnb.com or http://www.vrbo.com/ Both websites provide rooms or apartments for short term rental from private owners.

If all else fails you may want to look into CouchSurfing https://www.couchsurfing.org/ or just stay at the Parachute Center.

Just really depends on how much you want to spend and how much you want to "rough" it. PM me if you need additional info.

Hi Katscan, thanks a lot for your reply, I have tried everything but VBRO - but they are quoting $200 p/n. I'll probably book a couple of nights via AirBnB and hopefully that will give me a chance to find something more reasonable.

Alternatively I may just drive to Perris/Elsinore if things don't work out as I have two weeks to enjoy.

UKKid35

Hi Katscan, thanks a lot for your reply, I have tried everything but VBRO - but they are quoting $200 p/n. I'll probably book a couple of nights via AirBnB and hopefully that will give me a chance to find something more reasonable.

Alternatively I may just drive to Perris/Elsinore if things don't work out as I have two weeks to enjoy.

Dude go toWalmart buy a family sized tent and queen air matress, chairs cooler etc.. for under $200, camp at the DZ donate the tent when done. Im 50 and that's how I travel around the US (or stay with friends).
Im driving from Miami to Seattle in December/Feb and tenting across:)
You are not now, nor will you ever be, good enough to not die in this sport (Sparky)
My Life ROCKS!
How's yours doing?

Hi, have you tried couchsurfing.org?
People put up their homes for guests to stay for FREE!!
Sign up online and check it out. We have hosted three different guests in Pittsburgh, and we have stayed with two amazing hosts in Detroit.
You do not have to host to stay with others.
Todd