TallGuy

Lost Prairie Boogie 2013 (Aug. 3 - 11)

You're definitely going to set the record for the LONGEST trip of any skydiver going to this boogie if you make it. Question is, fly or drive? :D

i'll be driving. have to make a quick stop in vancouver on the way. yes, like i stopped in zhills on the way to fitz.:S

i might not be the furthest travelled, but i might be the furthest driving. i did see a montana plate at fitz this year, so i wasn't the furthest there.
"Hang on a sec, the young'uns are throwin' beer cans at a golf cart."
MB4252 TDS699
killing threads since 2001

I was wondering why the bar closed up shop. Dave Tousey used to own it several years back. Is Dave still kicking? He used to be my heroe, back in the day. Is Fred Sands, Stinky, T-bow Tom, and Jaque La Strap still around?

Hey Steve. LP is my home DZ. Fred Sand owns Skydive LP. T-Bow, & Jaque are still around. Don't know that I know Stinky. We usually have somewhere around 6-8 fun jumpers up on the weekends. Come up and make a jump sometime.

I should be over that way this summer. Maybe I can talk Fred into letting me jump. Stinky's last name is Stein(something or another). He lives very close to the D.Z. and may have been in pardners on the bar at one time with Dave. Everybody just called him Stinky. His son is also a jumper.

There was a bunch of old Osprey jumpers who bought land at Lost Prairie, next to the D.Z. I used to jump with them at Kalispell. I spotted them over the middle of town more than once.

My memory is about shot. There's another old jumper who used to be a plumber and pipe fitter. He lives next to Lost Prairie too. Big guy, with a black jump suit. Nicest guy you'd ever want to meet till he decided to clean your clock. Anybody remember his name? He's one of my old pals, but I can't recall his name.

Dave Tousey and Fred Sands were the first Montana jumpers to break the 1,000 jump mark. I think they made most of those jumps on round canopies.

Does B.J. Worth still jump at Lost Prairie? He used to organize some state record attempts.

i did see a montana plate at fitz this year, so i wasn't the furthest there.

Yeah I saw that too. It was good for a double-take... going down the row of cars:

"Georgia... Florida... Tennessee... Virginia... Montana... say what?!?" :D
"Mediocre people don't like high achievers, and high achievers don't like mediocre people." - SIX TIME National Champion coach Nick Saban

Aussiechick
DBCOOPER
Dr Dive
Kdub
Kingbunky (50% chance at this point, might bring Jon)
Ladydyver
Lucky
Mad John
Mike Parker
Mike Poulson
Pattersd
Spoon
TallGuy

If you are on facebook, be sure to add yourself to the "going" list on the Lost Prairie Boogie 2013 event page here. Also, be sure to invite all of your friends.

Aussiechick
DBCOOPER
Dr Dive
Kdub
Ladydyver
Lucky
Mad John
Mike Parker
Mike Poulson
monkycndo
NWFlyer
Pattersd
Spoon
TallGuy
"There is only one basic human right, the right to do as you damn well please. And with it comes the only basic human duty, the duty to take the consequences." -P.J. O'Rourke

Dick Steinke, son Adam, has a trial coming up on the bar ownership this month. We'll see

Man in black is Kenny Garfield. A really great guy.

BJ shows up now and then. Rumor is he's getting ready to retire from big way organizing and just jumping.

madjohn

Main goals in life: Be on the "Jumpers Over Eighty" (JOE) World Record and attend the Lost Prairie Boogie once after I'm gone.

Aussiechick
DBCOOPER
Dr Dive
Kdub
Ladydyver
Lucky
Mike Parker
Mike Poulson
Pattersd
Spoon

Finally going to make it this year! It will be my first LP so please be gentle!
Vader almost convinced me to go with him after Summerfest last year, but I couldn't make it happen.

I'll be coming from Hong Kong, so that for sure puts me in the lead for longest distance travelled.

You doing the summerfest - LP tour? I'm so glad they changed the dates so you can attend both. But the Sunday in between was a fucking ripper. Get up at 6am after the last night of summerfest and fly to LP...
I can't even remember what happened at which boogie. I thought there was someone from New Zealand at one of them and we decided that they travelled the furthest. I also remember being in Hong Kong at some point during my trip but can't remember if it was on the way there or back :S

You going to love it! Just tell people your friends with me :P. Or better yet deny my very existence B|

I'll be at Bachelor this year, see ya LP people in 2014 :)
Have you seen my pants?
it"s a rough life, Livin' the dream
>:)

Tall Guy is officially "Tall Ass" for this year's LP. He can provide explanation.

It's better than "Shit Guy" and almost even with "Cow Guy" which have been his appellations in the past, for various reasons. He keeps evolving, sort of.

madjohn

Main goals in life: Be on the "Jumpers Over Eighty" (JOE) World Record and attend the Lost Prairie Boogie once after I'm gone.

Doing Summerfest as well, won't be the same at the bar without you.

Nice B|

Difference between summerfest and LP.

At summerfest, they kicked me out of the bar.

At LP they come find me and demand I go to the bar (bonfire)

:)
Have you seen my pants?
it"s a rough life, Livin' the dream
>:)

Also you must go to fort Washington and find the Dirty Pirate Hookers.

Bring a corset :P;)

Aussie chick would look good in a corset>:(
You are not now, nor will you ever be, good enough to not die in this sport (Sparky)
My Life ROCKS!
How's yours doing?

Dick Steinke, son Adam, has a trial coming up on the bar ownership this month. We'll see

Man in black is Kenny Garfield. A really great guy.

BJ shows up now and then. Rumor is he's getting ready to retire from big way organizing and just jumping.

madjohn

I really need to get back jumping again. Some of my fondest jump memories were jumping at Lost Prairie, and kalispell.

Mad John is still the toughest old fart that I know. Garfield would be a close second.

Doing Summerfest as well, won't be the same at the bar without you.

Nice B|

Difference between summerfest and LP.

At summerfest, they kicked me out of the bar.

At LP they come find me and demand I go to the bar (bonfire)

:)

Didn't they ask you to keep your pants on at Summerfest, too?:D:D:D:D
"There is only one basic human right, the right to do as you damn well please. And with it comes the only basic human duty, the duty to take the consequences." -P.J. O'Rourke

hcsvader

Also you must go to fort Washington and find the Dirty Pirate Hookers.

Bring a corset :P;)

The hookers will be there; Kdub and me will be doing initiations. We will bring a variety of corsets but I recommend bringing your own. We always camp in the same area and will have a banner and flags showing our presence :)
DPH # 2
"I am not sure what you are suppose to do with that, but I don't think it is suppose to flop around like that." ~Skootz~
I have a strong regard for the rules.......doc!