TallGuy

Lost Prairie Boogie 2013 (Aug. 3 - 11)

It is time to start planning for our annual pilgrimage to Marion, Montana for the 46th annual Lost Prairie Boogie.

Here's a brief update on what to expect for those who haven't been there in the past couple of years. Change is about the only constant you can expect in our sport, and this boogie is no exception.

Not only is the huge landing area back, but it has been beautifully groomed. We are camping and packing right next to it. This means a great opportunity to watch your friends land, and fast turnaround between loads. While we hope to never need one, over the past couple of years an ambulance has been parked on-scene to quickly address any emergencies.

You may have heard rumors that the Lost Prairie Lounge has closed its doors. Sadly, this is true, and while most of us hope it will someday be resurrected to its former glory, other provisions have been made for the time being. Most notably is FREE BEER. True, it is not our beloved Lang, but it does come from from my favorite nation... DOnation! You may enjoy it at the adjacent fire pit or the spacious party tent where harder spirits are available. We've also constructed a hitching post where you can work towards your next Cunning Linguist rating. Evening boogie festivities are now well established as being accessible only to skydivers. So no more young townies causing trouble.

Camping at Lost Prairie has definitely taken a turn for the comfortable, as several hookups have been installed. The path to the camping area has been greatly shortened which has significantly cut down on the amount of dust being kicked up by vehicles.

Here is some of the things that haven't changed:

Same great planes and staff from Skydive Arizona. We've been jumping two Super Otters for the past couple years. However, if you can talk enough of your friends into committing to come, they might be convinced to send another Skyvan.

Regardless of your discipline, there will be unparalleled access to top tier load organizing and coaching.

Most of the same peripheral activities are still available.

Glacier National Park offers some of the most scenic hiking trails America has to offer.

The pristine water of McGregor Lake continues to provide a welcome retreat on a hot day of skydiving.

The Cock Chorus will still be rocking the house all night long, while the Crack Choir presumes to F@%# em' rotten.

There will a convoy up to the tower and subsequent aerial entertainment may be expected.

Historically, rogue jumpers step up and organize their own special events, like lingerie loads, jumps into the lake, and sunset cross-country loads. Taking the lead on such things is strongly encouraged.

If you have never been to this boogie before, do yourself a favor and make this your first year. You have likely never experienced a vibe like the one in Lost Prairie. The friendships people make here tend to last a lifetime.

Hope to see you there in August!

Lol....Doc is slacking. Late again on posting!!! Ft Washington and the Dirty Pirate Hookers will be present. We are talking about a memorial jump for Kit Cody...let us know if your interest to partake.
DPH # 2
"I am not sure what you are suppose to do with that, but I don't think it is suppose to flop around like that." ~Skootz~
I have a strong regard for the rules.......doc!

You just had to post one minute early, huh? From the moment I met you, I knew you were Trouble! :P

She is Da Man, and you better not mess with Da Man,
because she will lay some keepdown on you faster than, well, really fast. ~Billvon

DBCOOPER
Dr Dive
Kdub
Ladydyver
Lucky
Mike Parker
Mike Poulson
Pattersd
Spoon

I even alphabetized it for Skootz :P
Ft Washington will be in the same place - same game with some new players :)

DPH # 2
"I am not sure what you are suppose to do with that, but I don't think it is suppose to flop around like that." ~Skootz~
I have a strong regard for the rules.......doc!

DBCOOPER
Dr Dive
Kdub
Ladydyver
Lucky
Mike Parker
Mike Poulson
Pattersd
Spoon

I even alphabetized it for Skootz :P

Why bother? Somebody is gonna mess it up. :D
"Mediocre people don't like high achievers, and high achievers don't like mediocre people." - SIX TIME National Champion coach Nick Saban

I was wondering why the bar closed up shop. Dave Tousey used to own it several years back. Is Dave still kicking? He used to be my heroe, back in the day. Is Fred Sands, Stinky, T-bow Tom, and Jaque La Strap still around?

I might come. I need to get current again, first. I might have forgot a thing or two....

I was wondering why the bar closed up shop.

I might come. I need to get current again, first. I might have forgot a thing or two....

been there. done that. all you gotta do is jump arch pull it really is that simple. took like 8 years off one time. went up launched a 2way. turned 16 points it was zen like:PB|
i have on occasion been accused of pulling low . My response. Naw I wasn't low I'm just such a big guy I look closer than I really am .

You're definitely going to set the record for the LONGEST trip of any skydiver going to this boogie if you make it. Question is, fly or drive? :D

"Mediocre people don't like high achievers, and high achievers don't like mediocre people." - SIX TIME National Champion coach Nick Saban

You're definitely going to set the record for the LONGEST trip of any skydiver going to this boogie if you make it. Question is, fly or drive? :D

That beats me, as I'll be making the trek from Bangor Maine. However, Rafael Manana has been coming up from Uruguay for the past couple of years. Kinda hard to top that.

not if I get there. And Vader (Rob) flew in from Australia last year
You are not now, nor will you ever be, good enough to not die in this sport (Sparky)
My Life ROCKS!
How's yours doing?

not if I get there. And Vder (Rob) flew in from Australia last year

okay then, from within North America! :P

I do remember a crwdog from South America who came up for crw events on a regular basis. :)

I was wondering why the bar closed up shop. Dave Tousey used to own it several years back. Is Dave still kicking? He used to be my heroe, back in the day. Is Fred Sands, Stinky, T-bow Tom, and Jaque La Strap still around?

Hey Steve. LP is my home DZ. Fred Sand owns Skydive LP. T-Bow, & Jaque are still around. Don't know that I know Stinky. We usually have somewhere around 6-8 fun jumpers up on the weekends. Come up and make a jump sometime.
Time flies like an arrow. Fruit flies like a banana.

Aussiechick
DBCOOPER
Dr Dive
Kdub
Kingbunky (50% chance at this point, might bring Jon)
Ladydyver
Lucky
Mike Parker
Mike Poulson
Pattersd
Spoon

Finally going to make it this year! It will be my first LP so please be gentle!
Vader almost convinced me to go with him after Summerfest last year, but I couldn't make it happen.

I'll be coming from Hong Kong, so that for sure puts me in the lead for longest distance travelled.