lifer

Cyprus Parachute Center. Strange situation.

Hello guys!

I'm from Ukraine, got a job at Limassol, Cyprus, three weeks ago. My initial plan was to work there and jump at Cyprus Parachute Center every weekend, so i came to the DZ sunday morning.

My papers and equipment were checked by the chief instructor, and he told me that he need to do some additional checks related to my personal data, and i cannot jump right now. I agreed and went back to Limassol. But then, a week has passed, i called to DZ early Saturday morning, but they told me that those checks still not finished so i cannot jump.

Somehow i started feeling that they just don't allow me to jump for some reason, but when i asked if i can talk with chief instructor, i was told that there is nothing i can do, just keep calling them and wait for checks to be done.

So, right now i'm very disappointed. I've never heard about such long-term checks on DZ, i don't know what to do, and what's the reason for not letting me jump.

Can someone give me an advice what can be done in such situation? Otherwise it seems that i should quit the job, pack my bags and return to Ukraine in order to be able to jump... :(

Hi are you aware that the Cyprus Parachute centre is run by the British HM Forcses. So the checks that the Chief Instructor was talking about may not be in regards to your Skydiving Paper work, But Waiting on clearance from the Military Security side of life. Please dont give the Dropzone a hard time for something out of their hands!!!! :)

No problem, i don't want to cause any trouble. I know that they are very good people, i just thought maybe they don't like my wingloading for example, but don't tell it to me directly ;)

Anyway, i'm just waiting, will update this post when there will be some results.

Your best bet to keep up to date is to check out their facebook page. They tend to post decent updates on there and the CCI (Chief Club Instructor) tends to read it quite often.

The page is called: Skydive Cyprus (CCSPC)

Unfortunately I'm not sure what the hold up is but as Chas mentioned - it is a military drop zone so it could be anything. Hopefully all your checks will be sorted out soon and we will see you next weekend.