mchamp

Malaysia International Skydiving Festival Langkawi Boogie May 27-June 9 2013

Malaysia Langkawi boogie with C130 plane! May 27 - June 9th

56-way Record from May 27th - June 3rd
Boogie from June 4th - June 9th

Recommend you to register now as there are only 30slots left, boogie is being capped at 170 people I believe. You do not need to pay until later. (If freeflying write in PF group besides your name) *Rumor has it that no groups less than 8people are allowed to exit, so please be comfortable in larger formations.

$399 USD for unlimited jumping during the boogie (not record) isn't a bad deal at all right?!

Best bet is to fly into KUL airport and then a 1hr domestic flight to Langkawi airport.

Hope to see everyone there!

http://www.skydive.com.my

https://www.facebook.com/MalaysiaSkyfestLangkawiBoogie2013?fref=ts

LATEST NEWS | THE TEAM
----------------------------------

We are pleased to announce that we have assembled and confirmed our Team of world class Load Organizers and Aerial
Cameramen for the Malaysia International Skydiving Festival Langkawi Boogie 2013. The full team list can be found on the Team page.

The latest addition to the Team is a husband & wife pair from Russia. They are Andrey Veselov and his lovely wife Alia Veselova. Both of them have between them more than 20,000 skydives as Load Organizer and professional Aerial Cameramen.

Alia is a multiple World Record Holder, Team Captain for the World Team and an International Event Load Organizer. Andrey himself is a Professional cinematographer & photographer, Camera Team captain for the World Team, a participant of several World Championships, and a multiple World Records holder as well.

The team is broken down and be put in-charged of different sectors for the 56-way Record Attempt and the Boogie respectively.

a. the 56-WAY FORMATION SKYDIVE RECORD ATTEMPT

SECTOR CAPTAINS
- Base: Danniel Lee
- Sector 1: Eiko Shimura
- Sector 2: Yong Chisholm
- Sector 3: Naoshige Shimura
- Alpha team: Larry Henderson

AERIAL CAMERA TEAM (Record Attempt & the Boogie)
Andrey Veselov (Team Captain)
Aki Watanabe
Shigeto Kayano
Takamitsu Nakada
DRS. KUSNADI SUKARYA

b. the BOOGIE

LOAD ORGANIZERS
Alia Veselova
Eiko Shimura
Yong Chisholm
Danniel Lee
Naoshige Shimura
Larry Henderson
DWI WASKITO SUBEKTI. B.SC (for Malaysian and Indonesians)
DRS. M. FAUZIE ACHSO (for Malaysian and Indonesians)
CHANDRA SAPTA UTAMA (for Malaysian and Indonesians)

We believe all participants attending the Boogie will greatly benefit from thier skydive experience with each and every member of our Load Organizing Team. The team bring with them many years and thousands of skydives experience.

Every skydive is a new learning experience. We believe everyone will be able to bring home loads of beautiful memories, fantastic skydives, and feel the warm hospitality of the Malaysian people.
For info regarding lift ticket prices all around the world check out
http://www.jumpticketprices.com/dropzones.asp

i read through that website a while back, there seems a few ambiguous statements in there, that just makes me doubt the value.
You are not now, nor will you ever be, good enough to not die in this sport (Sparky)
My Life ROCKS!
How's yours doing?

Don't bother registering if you plan on Freeflying or wingsuiting or have a canopy smaller than a 97......Great "boogie" this shall be......

So who is going?

I'm more than happy to go do some big way flat flying out of a fucking C130 on a tropical fucking island :)B|

Oh and it's so bloody expspensive $399 usd for all jumps and accom :)

Have you seen my pants?
it"s a rough life, Livin' the dream
>:)

Oh yea about those prices, apparently they were a typo on their website and its $799USD just for the boogie and if you plan on doing the record/you qualify then thats more.

The weather in Malaysia can be a hit or miss during that time of the year so if you pay the $799 just hope you get good sunny weather most of the time or else you'll be paying all that money to hang out at a DZ and there is no refund that I know of.

Still.....they shouldn't call it a boogie if they don't allow freeflying, wingsuiting, etc or canopies smaller than 97's regardless of experience. They should call it a belly camp or FS camp with no canopies smaller than 97's allowed even if you are Arizona Airspeed or Hayabusa.

Hope you can cancel/change your plane tickets and take different dates off of work as they JUST changed the dates of the event.

Now they are saying June 22 - 30 for the record and July 1 - 6 for the "boogie" or better yet known as belly only flying camp.

http://shamsudinmohdamin.com/skydive-malaysia/

This guy e-mailed me a few years ago and wanted me to bring the Tsunami crew and help organize the boogie. He sounded pretty suspect and I politely declined his offer of wealth.

Sorry guys, I didn't pay any attention to this boogie when it was announced or I would have sounded the scam alert.

Here is a copy of the email the admin sent out.

we shall start this post without a hello because we don't see it as appropriate since it will be the most unwelcoming email to you.

ref above-mentioned, the event is now officially buried, dead and closed.

we have all been lead on a wild goose chase, mislead and completely blindsided by Shamsudin Mohd Amin, the Chief Organizer (CO) of Aerial Stunt Services from Malaysia.

we finally found out that since day one, that no airplane was ever secured, there was no funding whatsoever, and no sponsors. the CO cited that there was in fact well over usd3 million equivalent of malaysian ringgit set aside from day one by the government.

all the skydive package offers, hotel subsidized rates, etc.. all fabricated to get people excited, just that. too good to be true.

we were made to believe everything was all good despite not being paid for months for services rendered. the excuse was that funds were frozen by the government due to the election.

in good faith, everyone continued efforts to put the 56-way team together and generate worldwide interest which we deem we did very well. it was an excellent opportunity for malaysia to showcase asian skydiving talent and expertise.

everything else ends there unfortunately, widely publicized but an anti climax in the end. all but just an empty barrel on the CO's part.

the decision to postpone to the new dates in our opinion was also solely that of the CO and not anyone else, not even their so-call advisor whom merely sign the postponement statement that was written by the organizers.

it was all merely a tactic to buy time so that he, the CO could try to convince interested parties to fund the event with the pretext that their return of investment shall be more than 300%. see attached "contract" signed by a sponsor whom later found out discrepancies relating to the event.

the document was provided by a reliable source whom was also screwed over.

right up to this time of writing this email, the CO was still trying to convince us to re-open registrations and to bring in participants for the event and that funding will now be finally received this coming monday 17june.

in our conclusion, it will not be responsible of us to do so and inform participants to book airfare again to come in 8 days time. we are absolutely certain at this point even more participants would be affected.

this email will also absolve the load organizing team first and foremost, and we as the administrators for the event of any responsibilities of the the CO, shamsudin mohd bin mohd amin's every action might, will and have cause to everyone.

the CO has proven over the past couple months to be irresponsible, despicable and downright without any care for participants whom were affected by his decision to postpone.

for those who decided against joining the "new dates", we regret also that we were unable to help you get refunds for tickets that were not able to be cancelled nor refundable by the airline. we did our best.

even if during this past few months, if any funds were indeed received from any source for the purpose of the event but used instead by the CO for his own personal expenses and agenda.
What we can say in absolute honesty that we as the administrators, and the load organizing team surely did not get reimbursed a single cent for our time and effort. we instead lost substantially from out of pocket and company expenses to market the event.

in the near future, if you are ever invited for any event or heard of any skydive activity over weekends in malaysia; kindly remember to check and double check who is the organizer.

in malaysia, there is but only two - three part time skydive operators and one of them is the CO in mentioned, shamsudin mohd bin mohd amin.

once again, we understand everyone's frustration simply because we as the administrators and also the load organizing team equally (if not even more) affected by the CO.

for those whose skydive packages have not been received, paypal will process the remaining to be refunded to you. rest assured.

brgds,
--
Administration
Malaysia International Skydiving
Festival, Langkawi Boogie 2013
www.skydive.com.my

Have you seen my pants?
it"s a rough life, Livin' the dream
>:)