ksudiver87

Colchester, England skydiving?

What type of jumping are you in to? How are you travelling?

Sibson has a good mix and high quality of FF, FS, WS - with coaches available for all. They have caravans up to 13+k, this year 2 weeks a month a G92 also. Welcoming and all round friendly.
Chatteris is more (or at least it was I've not been for awhile.) a tandem DZ with a bunch of FS, and some FF and little if any WS (although Wingsuit coaching is available) Super otter to 13k I think. Welcoming and friendly.
Beccles - No idea.
Nethers - WS, not sure of FF Or FS (Ive only started checking this out as the Wingsuit scene is good), multi caravan DZ up to 13+k. I've found it so far welcoming and friendly. (Bit of a trek for you, just thought I'd mention it for the Wingsuit :) )

[Url]http://youtu.be/s6EaoPMANQM[/url]

I primarily do FF but would do belly depending on others who want to jump. I would be traveling by train ( i think) . my sister who lives in Cholchester,Essex has seen parachutes about 1 mile North West of her house, most likly landing in a field outside of town. Do you know how i can get hooked up with that?!!?
~Always do stupid things safely~

If you look at the BPA link, there isn't a DZ located in the area you note. I don't know the topography of the area, but perhaps paragliders are active around there?

Looking at the rail network, Colchester looks a right bitch for trains to a DZ,
http://www.nationalrail.co.uk/passenger_services/maps/OfficialNationalRailmaplarge.pdf - so might be an idea to post on the UK Skydiver forum, or the FB (if you use it) pages of DZs to see if you can blag a lift rather than training it. Another option is the "Londoners who love..." FB pages of the DZs, see if hitting up the train to Liverpool Street and blagging a lift from there is easier?!

I dunno.... Good luck!

thank you so much for your advice!!

If you look at the BPA link, there isn't a DZ located in the area you note. I don't know the topography of the area, but perhaps paragliders are active around there?

Looking at the rail network, Colchester looks a right bitch for trains to a DZ,
http://www.nationalrail.co.uk/passenger_services/maps/OfficialNationalRailmaplarge.pdf - so might be an idea to post on the UK Skydiver forum, or the FB (if you use it) pages of DZs to see if you can blag a lift rather than training it. Another option is the "Londoners who love..." FB pages of the DZs, see if hitting up the train to Liverpool Street and blagging a lift from there is easier?!

I dunno.... Good luck!

~Always do stupid things safely~

I primarily do FF but would do belly depending on others who want to jump. I would be traveling by train ( i think) . my sister who lives in Cholchester,Essex has seen parachutes about 1 mile North West of her house, most likly landing in a field outside of town. Do you know how i can get hooked up with that?!!?

Colchester is home to 2Para and 3Para. I expect the parachutes she has seen will be military. You may struggle (or not want) to get hooked up, unless it's to a herc to jump from a very low altitude with a round...:P

tash
Don't ever save anything for a special occasion. Being alive is a special occasion. Avril Sloe