Tinley

Northern Italy

I am taking an assignment in Milan, Italy for about 6 months this year, starting in early March. I would love to stay current over there and I'm curious as to which DZ's I should visit or even better, frequent.

The DZ's closest to Milan I have found are.
- Accademia di Paracadutismo
- Para Centro Locarno

Is anybody familiar with either of these DZ's?

Are there any other dropzones around the area? I am willing to travel a couple hours by train if necessary.

What are the requirements for jumping overseas. I am currently a USPA C-license holder but D-License qualified.

Also, DZ.com lists Skydive Vercelli as open but their website doesn't work and the email address is invalid. So I am assuming they're closed.

Any input would be greatly appreciated!

The USPA website lists 5 or 6 DZs in Italy. Body Fly University is just east of Reggio Emilia (2 hrs. from Milan):

http://www.bfu.it

Central Italy has drop zones all over the place. When I was there a few years ago, I found DZs in Pontecagnano (s. of Salerno), 2 overlooking the Adriatic (Fano and Fermo) and a little one in the Republic of San Marino.

I went to the 1st one, in Casale Monferrato. They usually fly a Turbo Finnist. Good people, good food around. Plus for Easter, there is a swiss invasion and an extra Turbo Porter flying in.

Never went to Paracentro, but of what I heard they have a beautiful scenery, and prices tailor made for swiss bankers :|

Casale tickets are around 33$ (25€)
Locarno tickets are around 51$ (47CHF)

scissors beat paper, paper beat rock, rock beat wingsuit - KarlM

Hey! I am a Captain stationed in Germany. Naples has a great dropzone, but if I were you, I would highly suggest flying over to Barcelona, and then taking the train or renting a car and go up to skydive Empuriabrava, Spain. It is a canal city on the beach, with two twin otters, a porter, and a wind tunnel. It is a skydive oasis, and trust me, you'll enjoy the clubs, bars, and the great coaches there. Ryan air flies to Girona, Spain, which is about $133.00 from Germany and 25 minutes from Empuriabrava.