sasteve49

F.A.S.T. 50 Organization.

The aim of the F.A.S.T. ( Fifty And Still Trackin') organization is of course to promote the sport and raise money for the Testicular Cancer Society.
To get a FAST number (# 1 to 51 are already taken) a jumper needs to be over 50 years of age, participate in a minimum 10-way formation with All jumpers over the age of 50. A picture of the formation needs to be emailed to me along with the names, order of entry and DOB's. Also a check for $10 per jumper (made out to the Testicular Cancer Society) needs to be mailed to me which I will then forward to the TCS address. This is tax deductible as well. Jumpers can contribute more than $10 if they wish as it is all a donation. FAST number 1 went for $1200! We raised a total of $4,855 by Jerry Bird auctioning off the first 51 numbers!
I have issued the challenge to beat our 50-way, but would rather see it kept to 50, but beaten with a 2 point 50-way. Rather than go the way of POPS with larger formations, this should be larger sequentials......Also, the FAST T-shirt will be available for men and women for $20 plus shipping(see attachment)
Remember....."Falls for the Balls"!

I have issued the challenge to beat our 50-way, but would rather see it kept to 50, but beaten with a 2 point 50-way. Rather than go the way of POPS with larger formations, this should be larger sequentials......

THAT is a super idea! Keeps the cost down (2 otters and a PAC) Really, really think that is a great direction...sequentials.
Kevin Keenan is my hero, a double FUP, he does so much with so little

I think the general direction of bigways lately is towards sequential. Paying large amounts of money for a one-point skydive is no longer valid. I quit doing bigway one-pointers after the 300-way(which cost me $2000!) I did the first 50, 100, 120,144,200 and 300). Time to show our skills.......
This is the dive that we did (almost the same grips) 12 years ago on the Night World Record at the Ranch. One grip missing on the 3rd point! I would like to see attempts at this sequential.

All these formations were designed using Jan Meyer's DiveMaker program from MakeItHappen. An excellent program for designing dives! I have been using it for the last 12 years and used it for all the Night Records that I organized. By the way, we built the first 3 points of this sequence with only one close grip missing on the 3rd point......at night!

You are absolutely wright my friend. But our gig started because there was no over-50 organization and no men's "Jump for the cause" so I started one. 50 is the age when us men start getting the "finger up the butt" check-ups for prostate and various other checks as well...I have the "BADASS FAST" patch for anyone else (even non skydivers) to buy to contribute to the Testicular Cancer Society. And by the way, this patch was started and designed by Laurel Nichols who is a proud BADASS member of FAST 50!

Firstly, these jumpers are not over the age of 50 when this dive was done and it is not complete. Still awesome back in the days though....these are the jumpers we need to respect for pioneering the sport that we all love today.

Yes, you are correct. Did that detract from the humor of it, though?

Oh...and it DID complete.

Paul Gorman enters 10th on the first 10-man star on his 87th jump

http://www.starcrestawards.com/history/history_the_first_rw_records.html
:D:D

BTW...I think it is a kick-ass thing you are doing. Good Stuff.
My reality and yours are quite different.
I think we're all Bozos on this bus.
Falcon5232, SCS8170, SCSA353, POPS9398, DS239

Totally got the humor too...I am just so fired up about us ole' farts still kickin' ass and enjoying life to the max. I would like to see guys come out of the woodwork to reinvent themselves again. When Maria and I started our DZ in Colorado years ago, there were people who had quit jumping because of the attitude at the only other available DZ that had turbines. It was the energy, excitement and zest for life that our jumpers had, that brought these people back. It does not matter your age, and it should not matter which discipline of skydiving you choose. We are special. Forever!

So if you are 50 and a skydiver, it is not difficult to do a 10-way with others over 50.....there are a lot of us out there! Come to ZHills, we can get you qualified real easy! We have belly fliers, freefliers, wingsuiters, swoopers of all ages here.

yeah why not just make travelling to Zhills a requirement:ph34r::ph34r::ph34r:

Getting a 10 way together where i live is hard enough, getting 10 50 year olds together who can pull off a 10 way in my state would be near impossible.
not everyone jumps in the states and not every state can meet your requirements easily.
You are not now, nor will you ever be, good enough to not die in this sport (Sparky)
My Life ROCKS!
How's yours doing?

This Organization that I started has snowballed. I first set the requirements because we have the means here in the States for each state and many larger DZ's being able to bring together 10 50 year olds. In Aussie, it would only be possible with a "gathering" of 50 year olds. I have an idea....why not get Dave Ruckert to get it going downunder? I will contact him through Facebook......

So....due to thoughtful input from numerous skydivers, I have slightly changed the requirements to earn a FAST number. A jumper needs to be over the age of fifty and participate in a minimum 10-way. Only for State FAST records do ALL participants have to be over 50.
So with that said.....congratulations to Bob Atkins of Pennsylvania who earned FAST#52 and Patrick Calandra who earned FAST#53 today here at ZHills in Florida by participating in a speed 10-way!!! Their $20 for the numbers goes to the Testicular Cancer Society.And they proudly wear the FAST T-shirt as well...
Lets see all you over 50's out there join in.