Remster

Empuria bought by Dubai

Hey bro, I'm not directing my post to you specificly.. But for real, i understand people judging the Middle East rich spoilled guys (they are in general), but in regards to the Dubai prince, his skydiving passion is really admirable! The guys is trying to make SD Dubai one of the largest DZs in the world!

They are about to inaugurate a big ass wind tunnel and a hotel, in our DZ... its gonna be legendary!!!

For the ones who wanna jump in Dubai, we have two DZs, one at the desert and one at the ocean (palm). The second one you need to have at least 500 jumps!!

I'm amazed at the amount of intolerance, bigotry and straight up ignorant posts in this thread. If this attitude represents a cross section of skydivers throughout the world, I'll be embarrassed to call myself one. I find it unbelievable that we're 14 years into the 21st century and still hearing stuff like:

-"The power of money."

-"can they use slave labor in Spain?"

-"stinkin' rich spoiled prince buying his friends all over the world..."

-"First 'our' oil...now our air?"

-"The problem with those deep pockets is that they are indeed very deep. What that means is that his life and fortune don't rely on the DZ succeeding, like it would for an 'average' DZO. Those guys have the need and the drive to make the DZ survive against all odds, where this guy could buy and sell the place in his sleep, and it wouldn't bother his bottom line to shut the place down and liquidate all the assests at a loss. An average DZO would try to avoid this as he would be down a huge pile of money, maybe all their equity in the DZ, but the prince doesn't have that sort of concern. "

-"So, how will this effect atheists, beer drinkers, drug users, and females who skydive in Spain?"

-"I heard that for the world championships, female judges were banned, all women have to jump in burkas, the men had to be circumcised and all swoopers had to convert to islam."

-"Sorry, no chicks with "open-faces"

-"Gonna be a bitch shutting down the operation five times a day. Suppose they'll be turning the old control tower into a minaret

We are all free to hold our own opinions. I guess I shouldn't be surprised to see so many uneducated and unthinking comments as these. That seems to be half the reason these forums exist. I'm not sure why the 'hard line' about using pedophilia on this site doesn't extend to other types of discrimination, but IMHO it should though.

Dubai is not a perfect place, and has aspects about it's history that it surely regrets, like every other place in the world. Think about the shit that ALL of our different countries have done in the past before you condemn a people for their religious practices, or how much money they have, etc.

/rant. Flame away.

Dubai is not a perfect place, and has aspects about it's history that it surely regrets, like every other place in the world. Think about the shit that ALL of our different countries have done in the past...

I think the issue is not so much of its past, as its present.

Andy9o8

Dubai is not a perfect place, and has aspects about it's history that it surely regrets, like every other place in the world. Think about the shit that ALL of our different countries have done in the past...

*ding ding ding*
cavete terrae.

Andy9o8

Yeah. America's present is SO clean & shiny...Sounds like arm chair quarterbacking to me -- Unless you can provide contextual specifics...

Guys...this is not Speaker's Corner. If you want to bring politics into talk about this dropzone, please take it over there.
She is Da Man, and you better not mess with Da Man,
because she will lay some keepdown on you faster than, well, really fast. ~Billvon

pope

Yeah. America's present is SO clean & shiny...Sounds like arm chair quarterbacking to me -- Unless you can provide contextual specifics...

In America women don't go to prison for pre-martial sex when they get raped

Edit:
Or take your pick from: institutionalized human rights violations, institutionalized discrimination against the poor, censored internet/media, ridiculous costs of living, 120 degree heat, some of the unsafest drivers in the world, ugly architecture.

To imply that the only reason people would dislike Dubai is because of racism or jealousy is frankly, idiotic.
http://www.mixcloud.com/prajna
http://vimeo.com/avidya