Dominik

Does anyone have information or contacts regarding Skydiving in Indonesia?!

I am looking for any possible info or contacts regarding Skydiving in Indonesia. I am in the process of trying to relocate to Indonesia (Jakarta) and want to find out if there is any active dropzone around here that might even offer work (part time, full time, seasonal) - Any help or information on that would be much appreciated!

Unfortunately no full time/active DZ's in Indonesia. Your next best/closest bet will be Bangkok with 2 DZ's (re)/opening soon or 1 DZ in Northern Thailand open now, (hard to get to though)

Indonesia has some competition events held roughly once or twice a year right outside jakarta from a CN235 & sometimes C130's with only 40ish people inside.....!! All competing 4 way FS. I think 90% of the teams that compete are military so you kind of have to know someone or be in the military of some sort to be "invited/qualified"

Feel free to pm me if you want any additional info
For info regarding lift ticket prices all around the world check out
http://www.jumpticketprices.com/dropzones.asp

Jakarta is just insane. There's good surf down Cimaja way if you can escape the city. Which district of Jak you going to be located in? You do know about the pajak bule?

You could always fly to singapore for tunnel time and a rest from the madness. Garuda's pretty cheap though if I were you I'd take my rig on board just in case ;)

Why is Jakarta insane? I like it here. Its not about finding ways to escaping the city though ... I just wanted to find out if there is any active dropzone around here. I will probably be located around the city center if I find work here but I am not sure yet. I don't know about the "Pajak bule". What is that? (I know the meaning of the word "Bule", though)

The traffic, smog, roads, bureaucracy, polis, uang rokok (=cigarette money =bribes)... Have you had to submit your 21 passport sized photos yet to get your work visa?

It is good fun. I had a great time there but living there is different to visiting for sure. Pajak bule is the albino tax. You will pay at least triple what the javanese pay. Interestingly indos who don't speak javanese also pay more.

Have. fun!!