RyanFYF

DeLand Monday jumpers?

I'm finding that most of my jump days are going to be on Mondays. But it always is lonely getting to the DZ and noticing everyone is paired up in their RW teams or more experienced free flyers are together kinda talking about their jumps or practicing their exits. Any newbies out there that jump on Mondays? I work most Saturdays and the AFF kids I was in ground school with all jump on the weekends. :( just weird sitting in the plane quietly with no one to talk to lol. And now that I don't have AFF instructors I'm not so motivated to go on Mondays and don't want to get stale so soon in the sport!

I got out there today around 11:30 and got 2 jumps in. It was super busy with everyone getting ready for the weekend's 100-ways. First load I jumped in with a student and carol and that was a nice transition into solo since Carl was there for a pin check and to make sure I knew when to jump. The second load was all 4 ways and I was the only solo. No students, no tandems. It was definitely different being the last one on the plane all alone lol. But the jumps were great and the skies were blue so I cant complain. I am usually never out on Mondays before 11 or noon. But if you ever do some two ways, let me know Chuck. I'll try to get up early for that!

Did you go this Monday? I was going to wake up at noon and if it looked like jumpable weather I was going to head to deland. Woke up and couldn't see any bit of sky anywhere and I was in a cloud of fog. Decided I wasn't jumping today. I'm going to try to be there on Wednesday.

I got out today for a couple jumps. When I got there winds were gusting to 23mph so I had to wait for awhile because they ground rental rigs at 18mph gusts.

I finally got to jump with this guy Wendell that I've been trying to jump with for awhile. We got 2 jumps in, mainly working on fallrate stuff and playing around. So much more fun jumping with other people instead of solo.

I think both of us are going to try to get back out tomorrow for a few jumps.

I'm paying off gear with pine.

He has a good deal on brand new mirage G4s. Any of the stock containers that they have in their album on their facebook page he can get for cheap.

I just picked out a container, brand new loaded with every option for $1800.

Going to throw a used reserve in it and AAD, and then demo some canopies until I decide what I want.

I think I need to put in about another $500 and everything will be paid except for a main canopy. I've been jumping one of the sabre 2 190 rentals they have. Pine has safire2, sabre2, and pilot 170's that I'm going to demo for awhile.

Definitely not the cheapest route, but he does have some nice used rigs in there that you can get a good deal on.

Thought I'd pop in & say Hi! As long as the weather plays along I'll start my AFF on 12/17 and finish that same week. And since my Days off are Sun,Mon,Tues I plan to be a Monday jumper as well.
So hopefull you guys don't get too far ahead of me between now & then! :)

Awesome! Hope to jump with ya! Good luck on your AFF they are fun stuff!

Sounds real good. Got to jump a 200 main today and it was great. A couple more in that and then ill definitely look into some rigs with 190 mains

Ya the 190 rentals they have are fun. Are you on a student rig 200 navigator? The silhouette 190 they have isn't a huge difference, it's a pretty tame canopy but still fun to fly when you get off the navigator.

Once you get used to that they have a few sabre2 190 rentals. Those are a fun step up from the navigator and silhouette. First time I let that sabre2 into full flight it felt weird how fast I was flying and how much more responsive it was. Lots of flare though so it's not hard at all to land. Lots of fun to fly

Sounds real good. Got to jump a 200 main today and it was great. A couple more in that and then ill definitely look into some rigs with 190 mains

Ya the 190 rentals they have are fun. Are you on a student rig 200 navigator? The silhouette 190 they have isn't a huge difference, it's a pretty tame canopy but still fun to fly when you get off the navigator.

Once you get used to that they have a few sabre2 190 rentals. Those are a fun step up from the navigator and silhouette. First time I let that sabre2 into full flight it felt weird how fast I was flying and how much more responsive it was. Lots of flare though so it's not hard at all to land. Lots of fun to fly

I'll have to talk to them because honestly I have no idea when I can start renting normal rigs and stop jumping the student rigs. I just always go grab a stundent rig as soon as I get there

They have the silhouette 190s in the AFF classroom with the other student rigs. I started jumping that on jump 16. They have a weird abbreviation for it on the list of student rigs, I forget what they list it as. Ask one of the AFFIs they can show you which it is and let you know if they think you should be jumping it. I'm pretty sure that the silhouettes are the only 190 rigs they have in student rigs

It was nice for a while, above 14 though, keep on trucking and if your up this way let me know...I saw your utube post...looking good... keep up the good work. Let me know when yo make your A!!!

C
But what do I know, "I only have one tandem jump."

got out here Sunday for 1 jump. Oh well better then none right! I talked to Nikki and he put me on the 190 no problem. It was rig "A". Was fun when the left toggle got stuck braked when I pulled them down. went into a nice little left hand corkscrew while I unsnagged the handle from the stow hole in the line. After that, it was smooth sailing, and nice flair to landing. came in a little hot but wasn't bad at all. I liked it. After the new year I plan on hitting the DZ HARD for that A!

haha ya, the silhouette 190 rig I was renting had a very small cats eye on one of the toggles, forget which one. You had to give it an extremely hard yank to get the toggle out. 2-3 of my first jumps on that ended with me only able to unstow one toggle at first and having to work for a few seconds to get the other one unstowed. Even on the ground with no tension you had to give some effort to get the toggle out.

I let the packers know and I think they got it fixed.

Btw if that happens again, it's a little easier to unstow the stuck one if you pull the free one into brakes to stop your spin.