mxr73

Eloy-student friendly?

Hello folks, I hope this is in the right forum, if not I apologize.

Anyway, I am a very, very new jumper with a paltry 35 jumps under my belt. There is the "Canadian Invasion" in Eloy this January and I'm interested in hearing what you experienced folks think about a student jumper attending such a big, busy DZ. I have only my solo certificate and when January arrives I will not have jumped for several months. With the vast majority of you having several thousand jumps and years of experience I'm sure you can visualize the capability's and limits of a 35 jump student.

From what I have read it sounds like Eloy is huge, very busy and not tolerant of mistakes which I COMPLETELY understand and agree with. Safety is the basis of my post. I don't want to be any kind of safety issue. In addition I would hate to lay out a sack full of money, get down there and find that I am not capable of jumping at such a large DZ.

I'm simply trying to learn this sport in as safe a manner as possible while keeping the incredible joy I experience while participating. Anyone who takes the time to reply....thanks.

The invasion crew actually brings students down with them.

Go you will be well looked after by both the Eloy crew and the Invading Canuks
You are not now, nor will you ever be, good enough to not die in this sport (Sparky)
My Life ROCKS!
How's yours doing?

Boy! Do they EVER love students at Eloy!

You've heard of a inflatable toy dive, eh? You know, where a couple of jumpers jump out with an inflatable whale or shark or raft, and they have fun wrestling with the thing in free fall?

Well at Eloy that have this thing called "a student dive"! The link below is to a video of one. Doesn't it look like fun?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GwK8zwf3Leg&t=1m02s

You folks are great.....the encouragement you all have offered has convinced me to go. If any of you are attending and happen to see an old guy with eyes as big as plates wandering around.....it will be me. Thanks again everyone.