pontiacgtp00

Skydive DeLand, very mouthy TI's and AFF instructors

I'm sorry but can someone explain to me what is an: "USPA F 111" License???

Just Curious???

C
I have heard of a Packing Certificate??? When I was in the UK a few years back,....

Is that you Andy???
But what do I know, "I only have one tandem jump."

:)
"There is no such thing. USPA licenses run from A to D."

I know that, I was being sarcastic... I'm a little miffed that some unidentified poster, or whatever can get a loan of $75,000.00 so they can: "find themselves" in the air. I was pointing out my distain for using dz.com as a public forum to "rate" personalities...without fully identifing yourself! I mean if I want to call some individual a dickhead or whatever...I'm gonna start a flaming war of epic proportions and I'm going to enjoy every min of it! Now if on a DZ I land downwind on the swooping pond...I might have earned a little "kant we all get along," speech.

Bottom line: If someone started to use profanity at me in my direction and it was totally unwarrented, I would want to know why??? The next thing I would do is find out who that person was because I wouldn't want any of my fellow jumpers to share in an unwarranted attack...you know in some half attempt at some sort of commarraderie...Other than that there's not much more to say other than...can someone please help that unidentified individual up off the ground.
C

Yes Wizard...I'm still hung over from turkey day...

http://www.slideshare.net/blueskiesmag/welcome-to-skydive-deland#btnNext

:)
So I just got back from a week at DeLand and I had great difficulty in finding anyone who was "mouthy" or "disrespectful" in any way??? In fact everyone I had interactions with was and continues to be very outgoing, helpfull, and without exception eager to go out of their way to help anyone and everyone they come into contact with.

I find myself wondering why I'm even taking the time to answer some individual who is posing as a skydiver, who can't for some reason known only to themselves that they can only hide behind a fake persona to make unsubstantiated comments and lie! I'm talking to you pontiacgtp00, why do you hide behind a fake profile to lobb hurtfull comments at some of the best individuals in skydiving today? If someone took the time to make an attempt to make your and our jumping lives a little safer because you can't foolow the basic saftey rules, because you jump like an ass in the air and have little regard for those others you cut off while attempting to swoop downwind whilst at the same time managing to botch the right turn rule...

What I really don't understand is the fact you don't mention that these same individuals asked you to leave and take your buisness elswhere after the numerous attempts to help you! To which your answer was "I know better than all of you."

Guy's like you and your bullshit comments are the best reason for requiring proof of licenses before being able to join this honorable web site. Perhaps if your pie hole continues to freeely spout copious amounts of shit directed at hurting others, this site should indicate whether the post originated with a verified license holding individual versus an anonomous wannabee who apparently gets off sticking cut out pictures of real people on the wall after spewing his buisness in the air!

Philip Seymour Hoffman In Happiness, I sure yo have seen it!!!

Please PONTIACGTP00 take your fantasies and hurtfull comments elswhere, if you want to fantasize about being a pilot someday, that's fine, we understand you can't help yourself...In fact I know more than a few careing individuals that will help you with your issues, if you can find the courage to ask for help that is, I'm sure the skydiving community would love to help and most likely you will fit right in...but please limit your comments and your desire to rate particular individuals at one of the best dropzones around...
C

As Paul Harvey would say: "and Now, the rest of the story".....

Nah not the "rest of the story", Just another version, there's probably at least 4 or 5 of them and all of them tainted by personal perspective and emotion.
You are not now, nor will you ever be, good enough to not die in this sport (Sparky)
My Life ROCKS!
How's yours doing?

Wow Chris...

What to attack a guy for posting about a bad experience he had. I can't even imagine how you'd respond to poor Yelp reviews left by tandem students.

I have an extremely hard time believing that his comments were either unsubstantiated or were lies. Why would someone take the time to write an entire thread of lies? Especially when he said he had a good time overall.

Maybe you know, there are right ways and wrong ways to deal with problems. It's never right to treat someone like an idiot for making a mistake. If there's an issue, it should be discussed privately, certainly not shouted across the DZ. In the OP's case, it seems he didn't even do anything wrong!

Your "suck it up" attitude is not the way business is ran, and is detrimental to the sport. I can give you an example of this:

After finishing up my A license, I went down to the gear store to take a look at some things I might want to buy now that I was a "real skydiver." I was excited to be allowed to jump with the load organizers later on, and had some extra money to spend so I went in and looked around. The women working there obviously didn't want to help me. I was the only one in the store, and I had to pry her away from her computer (Facebook) to answer a few questions I had. She treated me like the biggest idiot! I was asking typical questions, "Why is this altimeter so expensive?”, "Can I try on a few of these helmets?" , "What kind of jumpsuit should I be looking at, and what brands are nicest?" She made me feel unwelcome and made the whole process (that would have made them some) money awkward. I recently took a trip to a smaller DZ down the road and placed an order for a complete set of brand new gear. I still to this day refuse to buy anything at that store, although I enjoy trying out the items in their showroom.

Much like my experience at the gear store, if a new skydiver is treated poorly they are likely to move away from the sport. As a new skydiver, it's hard enough to find people to jump with. If experienced guys were shouting derogatory comments at me from across the DZ when I first started, it would have definitely turned me off on the sport.

Your comments about “fake profile” names are ridiculous. Take a look at your own name, ChrisD. I’m William Monk, there aren’t too many of us out there. I jump at skydive Hollister on the weekends, with regular trips down to Perris.

If I ever treat a skydiver like an idiot or make them feel stupid, I would welcome someone calling me out.

William.

"(YOU) make regular trips from Hollister to Perris"?

You must like driving...

Is Gerado your other name???
C

In the last month, you have bashed square one, Bev suits, and in the same breath you call yourself a skydiver at 25 jumps??? And in the same breath you freely admit you don't know jack shit about jumpsuits....

and you freely admit you like to shop to try on stuff and then go elswhere, how about supporting your local store? You are fucking user and a waste of my time...
Additionally you can't size a container main combination yourself...

You also list your self as a coach on one post? Feel free to explain this one...

I can't find your name in the pilots (AOPA database)?
feel free to explain that as well...

You a fucking add for stupidity...

If you can't take a little constuctive comment then take up knitting, although I'm sure you have comments about the ends of the knitting needles being too pointy...

I also did a search for your name

Next time you try to bullshit your way into other idiots here on dz . com beliving your sarcastic and bullshit prose, you might try listing your lic number, cause I can't find it???

I will give ya this though,...your spelling is better than mine, i'll give ya that!;)

"(YOU) make regular trips from Hollister to Perris"?
- Sorry, I fly my airplane down there. 1 hour trip...

I didn't know jack shit about a lot of things when I graduated... I'm sure you were different though. You speak as though you were born an expert at skydiving!

I would love to support my local store. But when my local store treats me like a waste of their time, I will not. I'm sure you like being treated like you don't matter though.

I'm not sure where you got your 25 jump figure...

My lic number is irrelevant. This conversation is about customer experience, nothing else.

Sorry for wasting your time, didn't realize it was soooo valuable.

EDIT: I do not need to prove any of this to you. Also, If you go back and look, everything you are asking me to prove is beside the point the OP was trying to make. As for the AOPA database of pilots... I've never tried to look for one. I fly the planes, I don't need to go trolling through the internet to try and see if people are pilots.

William.

Could it be that ALL skydivers are assholes, they just vary in circumference?

I mean, I'm a nice guy, and I'm still an asshole.

So, if you ran into an asshole and didn't know you were an asshole you would seem to be a bit of an asshole.

When one asshole meets another in it best to determine , Immediately, which asshole can cover the most ground.

An asshole that can be used as a hat is merely a fledgling.

so, the AFF-I/TI wanted to make it known that, they maybe have been born assholes but, AT LEAST they grew bigger each day of their lives.

ON the flip side,
If they had quietly spoken to you and handled this like mature adults, they would have given you the opportunity to OUT-ASSHOLE them and, no-one, I mean NO-ONE, likes to be out-assholed.

I think the best asshole maneuver you could have pulled is to talk to them like an they were adults even though they were clearly demonstrating they were not. Once, they jumped straight to "big asshole" level, you're best bet would be to jump to "asshole you could use as a lasso" level by speaking to them calmly, rationally, YET, slightly condescendingly as you explain the truth to them. This is the level where you have the opportunity to reign in the "big asshole" like he was merely a little calf.

Then, you could have taken it step further and gone to "asshole so big that Jennifer Lopez could use it for a hula hoop" status and spoken to management about the "little assholes" who were acting like "big assholes" in the student area.

But, instead you chose to be the asshole that let the students feel the wrath of those out-of-control- assholes.

Not too cool. In fact, one say you're afraid of confrontation.

( I bet you thought I was going to say " In fact, one say you're an asshole.)

My god, this is so good I'm saving it. I know I'm an asshole, but I only know I'm an asshole when I want to be an asshole. It's the other times that I'm being an asshole, when I don't know I'm being an asshole, that I need to work on. Actually, what I'm thinking now is that when I'm being an asshole, but don't know I'm being an asshole, that it's actually the other person who thinks I'm being an asshole that's actually the asshole.

Geez, I'm tired now.
We are all engines of karma

Did ya even bother looking in the real database, or were you just too busy tearing him a new ass?
"I may be a dirty pirate hooker...but I'm not about to go stand on the corner." iluvtofly
DPH -7, TDS 578, Muff 5153, SCR 14890
I'm an asshole, and I approve this message

"Other than that I got along with the other jumpers very well, but I'd say 99% of them were out of towners." <<< Take it to Yelp ya fucking pussy,...

Just my opinion but I don't really give a shit about your world view of who you like and dislike or your cheep attempts at revenge because in your twisted world you feel the need to hurt others...

Did ya even bother looking in the real database, or were you just too busy tearing him a new ass?

Let me get this straight, phony story about DeLand, dipshit attack when I point out a fake poster...

Basically I don't care if the op is real or not. The bigger issue is the amount of thinking, or lack of thinking expressed in the post. If someone post's a question and in the same breath states the manufacturer says "NO," then it's not really a question is it! It's a statement and the op isn't looking for your advice or seasoned knowledge, it's a set up that way too many of you have fallen for. All you have to do is look at the huge number of downsizing / overloaded/ overstuffed questions and the large number of answerers to these questions...

Take a moment and also explain what is meant by the original posters use of the term: "slow canopy area"??? Basically if you land opposite the general flow of traffic you can expect a response! What you do then or how you respond is going to determine wheather you jump there again or not. Apparently many of you out there tolerate this type of behavior, and want to let him back on the aircraft immediatly...

YA I DID CHECK THE REAL DATABASE, AND I FUCKING CHECKED WITH THE USPA AS WELL AS I FREQUENTLY DO WHEN>>>>

The op posted a "container question" HE STATED>>>

"I checked with the manufacturer" , the manufacturer reccommended, NO, THE FUCKING MANUFACTURER TOLD HIM NOT TO DO WHAT HE WAS DOING...so then he posts that he is going to ignore the manufacturers requirments,...He than follows with the (boastfull) comments that he will report back his results...

and no one here picks up on that???

I'm not sure who needs a new ass around here?

It's time some of you started using your brains first instead of your mouth's...

The condradictions and inconsistancies are so easy to spot,...

It leaves me wondeering why so many make such outrageous comments, and instead of protecting "your" sport you all turn a blind eye and support this type of insanity???

I spoke with staff at DeLand, I was there!! Were you???

I spoke with some manufacturers about their involment with this site, and it's people like this poser purportedly asking "Relevant questions" that prompted one industry icon to quietly tell me,..(and this is a direct quote) "It's a no win situation, we tell than not to do something and then we hear how they have modified our equipment, and now it must be ok because they got away with it? Its as if we are not here, ...it's a slap in our face,... it makes it very difficult for us to keep people safe,...etc, etc,..."

By the fucking way "waht is the real database???" You get 1 point for actually looking something up, now look up the real person in Covenia and compare that with locations and the tv show...

you guys all want so much to belive that some poor ass was picked upon for "no apparent reason," I feel sorry for you...