vanessalh

Best places to jump over the holidays for a relative novice

Hey,

I'm thinking about taking a week off over Christmas and finding a sunny DZ to jump at. I'm a relative novice, only back in the sport for 3-4 months after a 10 year hiatus.

I'm looking for a place where it's easy to meet people and get on loads, with a welcoming atmosphere that's not intimidating to new comers. It would be a plus if there were classes held over the event as well - I'm eager to brush up on my skills.

Thanks
Vanessa

Florida, California and Arizona will be your best bets. It will be the busy season in those states, so you'll have a pretty good chance at finding a lot of planes flying. If you're going to want to camp or use bunkhouses, better choose a dz and make reservations now!

FL- DeLand, Zhills, Palatka, Sebastian, Lake Wales are all within 2 hours of each other
CA- Perris and Elsinore are close to each other
AZ-Eloy
She is Da Man, and you better not mess with Da Man,
because she will lay some keepdown on you faster than, well, really fast. ~Billvon

What Andrea said.

I cant comment on CA and FL since I haven't been to one of their holiday boogies in a long while, but at Eloy, there are seminars most evenings in the hangar with the best training material: free beer ;-). Seriously, the seminars are pretty interesting.
Remster

Florida, California and Arizona will be your best bets. It will be the busy season in those states, so you'll have a pretty good chance at finding a lot of planes flying. If you're going to want to camp or use bunkhouses, better choose a dz and make reservations now!

FL- DeLand, Zhills, Palatka, Sebastian, Lake Wales are all within 2 hours of each other
CA- Perris and Elsinore are close to each other
AZ-Eloy

I've been to most of those DZ at that time of year and they are ALL great, my personal preferences would be Eloy and Elsinore though:)
You are not now, nor will you ever be, good enough to not die in this sport (Sparky)
My Life ROCKS!
How's yours doing?

Be warned tho: the beer is warm, the locals are strange, and it's full of Canadians ;-)

weirdo French Canuks, BUT they seem to have HOT wives B|
You are not now, nor will you ever be, good enough to not die in this sport (Sparky)
My Life ROCKS!
How's yours doing?

Well, our vote is for Skydive Arizona of course ;)

We have a awesome Holiday Boogie lined up, with plenty of activities both daily and at night to make it worth your while.

Skydive Arizona, also has a bunkhouse, bar, restaurant, showers, gear store and more on site, so it's easy to just arrive and play as much as you want.

And we have the best Holiday Boogie Poster

www.skydiveaz.com/experienced/events/detail/2012/09/26/2012-holiday-boogie

Got any questions, drop us an email at [email protected]