sandeep2504

skydive spain directions

Hello everyone,

I am going for my first jump in a few weeks in Seville.

I've been quoted 39 euros each way for a taxi from the hotel to dropzone and back.

Doe's that sound reasonable?

My hotel is about 3km from the main train station.

Alternatively what is public transport like?

I need to be there by half ten in the morning on a Monday.

Sandeep

Ah Seville I like this place, firstly its reasonable, namely because the DZ is quite a distance away through lots of empty fields. It was a 20 minute drive. From the nearest mini town bollullos across an unsealed road.

The DZ is at Le Juliana.

Anyway why not stay in bollullos, there is a grim ass hostel called the Gadaffi which costs 20 Euro a night. Or there is the Skydive spain staff house which is 17 Euro a night. Or Bob's house.

Public transport is attrocious. There is NO public transport to the DZ. There is no real viable public transport from Sevile to Bollullos.

If I were you I'd cancel the hotel booking, and see if you can stay more local in bollullos. As if you do you can often grab a ride to the DZ with some of the staff who work there.

or even hire a car. I found I could hire a car for about 170 Euros which was considerably cheaper than taxis. (note I am both old and hire the crappest cars from the dodgiest car hire places)

Granted there ain't much to do in bollullos. And there is even less to do if you decide to stay at the DZ bunk house. But tbh there ain't much to do in Seville either. I've passed through there a number of times on motorbike.

Most if not all Taxis will NOT drive you all the way to the dropzone. The last 1-2 miles is a dirt road that is quite bumpy so the taxi drivers won't drive on it. Car hire is the best way to do it.

Agreed about the hotel, stay at one in Bollullos. The domocenter is very good and have a skydiver rate. It is about a 10-15 min drive to the DZ from there.

The price is correct, there are fix tariff from airport or train station to location close to city centre, this is because the taxi after that short ride will have to go back to a long waiting queue .... For example form apt to Airbus facility (just 3miles ride on the other side of the apt) is 20€ .....