shibu

Casa Boogie at Skydive Long Island

Cause the place sucks. They advertise heli jumps with no heli. Beach jumps then don't let you do them. Take you to 11.5 and charge 25 bucks for it. Charge a boogie fee but give you nothing for that fee. I can go on and on but as you can see no one is listening.

Cause the place sucks. They advertise heli jumps with no heli. Beach jumps then don't let you do them. Take you to 11.5 and charge 25 bucks for it. Charge a boogie fee but give you nothing for that fee. I can go on and on but as you can see no one is listening.

I love the place... but you are right... no heli jumps :(..

Give the place time. You will see what I'm talking about. You love a place that the DZO uses people like at this Casa boogie. Has one of his instructors pay for everything and doesn't reimburse them. Charged students the 35 boogie fee and then tells them they can't jump out of the casa. Charges a extra 10 bucks for food each night. Whats the boogie fee for then. I can go on and on but I'll say it again no one is listening. The place sucks.

Well, it's not cheap to bring a plane into a boogie for the weekend. Was there live music?

There was live music. It was nice to have a rear exit plane to jump out of. The speed of the Casa seemed to vary alot depending on the load. First jump in the morning I think it was faster than the King Air. When it was full, I would rather jump out of the King Air.

The boogie was alot of fun overall.

Speed of aircraft - wind direction, speed of uppers, flight path through the winds, effective ground speed...any of those could easily make it "seem" slower. Instruments should tell you if you're still climbing though.

New pilot?

Was another aircraft used for the working jumps?
I've seen this fairly regularly when specialty aircraft is brought in. The work stays on the DZ aircraft. For a few reasons. Money/profit - the specialty aircraft costs the DZ some per slot whereas their own plane would not. Familiarity for the students, exit speed for students.

God I hated getting stuck doing work jumps on the slow ass beater Skyvan. >:(

You can have your King Air, thank you. :P

All jumpers should clearly understand what is involved in a boogie, as well as what to fully expect.

Shirts, food, music, bands, any sort of talent or performance, organizers, aircraft ferry fees...all of these details cost money. Serious money.
Locals don't always appreciate a boogie at their home DZ either - paying a boogie fee at a home DZ HAS kept me from jumping there.

Not me Larry but since you ask never. Every thing nykid is saying is true. Hens why there are hardly any fun jumpers there. I don't have any idea what when down at this casa boogie but I know Ray and it sure sounds like him. Of course someone with 100 jumps doesn't know any better but when your key advertisement is got 13500k and take jumpers to 115 more so then not then actions speak louder then words I'm out having to much fun where I am now
Never give the gates up and always trust your rears!