xeno666

British Skydiver visiting Boston MA Area

Hi All,

I've just gained my British A licence and am visiting Boston MA (Cambridge to be specific) next week for work, but I'm hoping to get some jumps in on the weekend September 8th and 9th.

Are there any DZ's close by that I can get to easily and what are they like for staying overnight?

Thanks

Skydive New England is about an hour and a half from Boston (north) and is my home away from home. Unfortunately you're going to miss the boogie this weekend [:/], but it's an awesome place to jump (not that I'm biased or anything :P). There is a bunkhouse with rooms available, and I believe it's something like $25 a night.

Jumptown in Orange, MA is also about an hour and a half away from Boston (west). I've jumped there a few times and it's got a nice open LZ and a great group of people. Not sure what lodging is available since I've never stayed the night.

There's a few other DZs within roughly the same distance, including Skydive Pepperell in Mass and CPI in Connecticut, as well as some near Cape Cod, but I'm not personally familiar with any of them.

Two drop zones you might want to check out are Jumptown in Orange, MA (http://www.jumptown.com/) and Skydive New England in Lebanon, ME (http://www.skydivenewengland.com/).

SNE has bunks on site to stay in and places to put up a tent, I don't know if Jumptown has similar accommodations readily available.

Both are about 1.5 hours from Cambridge. I've driven to both, if you have any questions shoot me a PM.

Thanks for the info. I'll check out both of the DZ's and hopefully plans will go as I expect and I get a few good jumps in. Going to be strange jumping at a different DZ, especially in the US but I'm looking forward to it.

Thanks again and you never know, may even bump into you if i go up to SNE :)

SDNE-Lebanon, Me
Jumptown-Orange Mass
PSC-Pepperell, Ma.
All good choices, all fly a Twin Otter. All allow on site camping.
Pepperell is closest, Private airstrip, very large, grass landing area. moderate party scene
JT is a club, on a municipal airport, They have a really nice hanger, mostly sandy landing area. minimal party scene
SDNE-Private airstrip, small-ish grass landing area, lots of trees, nice campground. Usually has more fun jumpers than the other two. Best "party" DZ anywhere!