kenthediver

HALO jumps

Myself and a bunch of mates are planning on travelling to the USA to do a HALO jump, and for myself, spend 7 days travelling around jumping. Because I am a lazy SOB, thought I would ask if anyone knows whether there is a ist of which DZ's offer HALO jumps? Any help gratefully received. Also, If anyone wants to join us, please do let me know. (Between 8 and 15 jumpers from the UK will come over!) Any help gratefully received. And who knows, if we meet, it could be beers!!! Cheers Ken

Myself and a bunch of mates are planning on travelling to the USA to do a HALO jump, and for myself, spend 7 days travelling around jumping. Because I am a lazy SOB, thought I would ask if anyone knows whether there is a ist of which DZ's offer HALO jumps? Any help gratefully received. Also, If anyone wants to join us, please do let me know. (Between 8 and 15 jumpers from the UK will come over!) Any help gratefully received. And who knows, if we meet, it could be beers!!! Cheers Ken

Halojumper.com is the major, and probably only, provider of 28,000' to 30,000' jumps. They are done using the aircraft and facilities of West Tennessee Skydiving, near Memphis, TN. To make reservations, go to halo jumper.com. To look at the DZ, go to http://www.SkydiveKingAir.com

Mike Mullins

But Special Forces do things differently! :o

Uh, no we don't

chuck

Holy crap a SF jumper!

Let's not divulge any trade secrets. ;)

The 23,000 ft H.A.L.O Skydive for $250.00 on HALOjumper.com seems reasonable. Not that the extra 50 seconds of freefall is worth $125, but just to have that experience for the price of a tandem can justify the cost. But just be prepared to do something on the video. Some of the youtuibe videos just show jumpers hanging out in bellly, not even doing a 360 on HALO jumps from 23k.

The 23,000 ft H.A.L.O Skydive for $250.00 on HALOjumper.com seems reasonable. Not that the extra 50 seconds of freefall is worth $125, but just to have that experience for the price of a tandem can justify the cost.

Come to FL in the winter...22K is normally ~$60 once a month IIRC.

ETA: B required.

The 23,000 ft H.A.L.O Skydive for $250.00 on HALOjumper.com seems reasonable. Not that the extra 50 seconds of freefall is worth $125, but just to have that experience for the price of a tandem can justify the cost.

The price for the 23,000' jump from halojumper.com is $150, not $250. The difference in price from 23,000' jump and the 22,000' jump described above is that halo jumper.com provides hours of training and fitting of a full bailout system that you will use on the jump. The 22,000 jump described above is WITHOUT a bailout oxygen system, you use a onboard only mask in the aircraft and jump without a mask. This is perfectly safe, I am just pointing out the difference in price is that you are trained and using a complete bailout system. Halojumper.com does the 23,000' jumps at Gold Coast Skydiving as they do not have an aircraft that will effectively reach 30,000'. The 28 to 30K jumps are done at West Tennessee Skydiving out of their Super King Air. Price is $375.

Mike Mullins

Gotta get my B (all I need is a canopy course).

I was planning on going to FLA his winter... which DZs offer these jumps?

The price for the 23,000' jump from halojumper.com is $150, not $250.

Glad to be corrected. I was thinking about doing this in October. For $150, I may do i a couple of times.

The difference in price from 23,000' jump and the 22,000' jump described above is that halo jumper.com provides hours of training and fitting of a full bailout system that you will use on the jump. The 22,000 jump described above is WITHOUT a bailout oxygen system, you use a onboard only mask in the aircraft and jump without a mask. This is perfectly safe, I am just pointing out the difference in price is that you are trained and using a complete bailout system. Halojumper.com does the 23,000' jumps at Gold Coast Skydiving as they do not have an aircraft that will effectively reach 30,000'. The 28 to 30K jumps are done at West Tennessee Skydiving out of their Super King Air. Price is $375.

Mike Mullins

Good to know the difference. I think that would be worth the price for a special occasion.

I was planning on going to FLA his winter... which DZs offer these jumps?

I think Zhills. You could always ask tkhayes, he posts on here.

Thanks. They will be offered at skydivecitty in November and Christmas (check the calendar at skydivecity.com). There may also be a load on October if ther is enough interest. B license required.