MSEsmitha

AFF in Ireland?

Hey all,
I'm a USPA licensed skydiver and completed the ISP in 2007. I have a friend in Ireland that wants to get licensed. Anyone know of a DZ near Dublin that offers something of similar rigor to the USPA ISP?

The only two DZs that I saw on here that list AFF don't really look like they have a similar sylabus to the ISP. Forom their websites, it looks like Irish Parachute Club does the old level 1-7 program (with USPA AFF-Is) and Skydive Ireland only does static line. Any help you can provide would be appriated.
Thanks!

I'm afraid there are only really 3 DZ's in Ireland (2 in south, 1 in north). The one near Dublin is IPC, really nice friendly place, I spent quite a bit of time jumping there a few years ago. I've not visited the other one in the south. The one in the North is Wild Geese but that one is British Parachute Association registered.

Best bet is give IPC a call or stick a message on their FB page and see if they can help at all, other than that its playing by their rules i'm afraid!

Donna
LittleDJ!!- There is no such thing as a perfectly good aircraft!!!

contact to IPC,
Most of the AFFI's are USPA and PAI (Parachute Association of Ireland) rated AFAIK. There is plenty of them to do the course. Recently during long week jumping there was plenty of AFF's done.
The only and really only problem which I can see is the weather ;) usually wind and low cloud base is a problem.
http://www.facebook.com/skydive.ie FB page
that's the closest to Dublin.
There is also one in Northern Ireland (Wild Geese) but not sure if they can do AFF as per USPA.
good luck with weather
j.
Back to Poland... back home.

The IPC is the place to go for sure .
We have a ISP which is similar to the USPA .
It starts with a traditonal AFF 1 - 7 ,
then 8 consolidation , a 4k & 2.5k hop n pop .
Students then continue with a coach learning spotting , exits , diving , RW , break off and tracking ,advanced canopy handling etc until they are capable of jumping safely with people of their own experience doing 2 and 3 ways .
At this point they can apply for a PAI licence which is internationally recognised .

Hope this helps