SansSuit

Michigan Dropzones

Road trip to Michigan! I already have some dz's in the plan but I would like some info on the following.

1. Skydive Michigan! in Marshall. Listed with USPA. Does this place exist? Not much evidence of it on the interweb.

2. Parachutes LLC in Allegan. Same airfield as Skydive Allegan. Competitors? Legitimate dropzone?

I'm all about getting new dropzones in my logbook. Are either of these places a possibility?

Thanks!
Peace,
-Dawson.
http://www.SansSuit.com
The Society for the Advancement of Naked Skydiving

Not sure about the one in Marshall, I think it is still going, but I know some people who jump/jumped there so I can find out if no one else chimes in here.

I jump at Skydive Allegan and have never heard of Parachutes LLC as a DZ, but looking at the address (the hanger next to Skydive Allegan) it is the sister plane from the defunct DZ in Gobles, MI. I have watched the plane's owners jump from it, but didn't know they had "opened it to the public".
It's flare not flair, brakes not breaks, bridle not bridal, "could NOT care less" not "could care less".

AFAIK, the DZ in Marshall folded up their tent many years ago (someone told me it was after the Beech 18 ground-looped, but my memory is fuzzy on that, at best, so take it for what its worth).

I had jumped there many years ago, typical beginning of the season type situation where one DZ is actually jumping before all the others in the area. At the time I was rather unimpressed with the condition of the 182 they were flying (every vacuum instrument was placarded, and there was more duct-tape in that plane than a Home Depot). I made 2 jumps there and called it a day.

Mind you, that was close to 15 years ago.
NIN
D-19617, AFF-I '19