LisaH

Chicks Rock 2012 - Skydive Elsinore

October 4-7

11th Annual Skydiving Chicks Rock 2012 is COMING!

Theme: Rockabilly Boogie - Punks & Pinups. That's right. Get to work on those costumes, folks, because it's going to be EPIC.

Skydive Elsinore’s 11th Annual Skydiving Chicks Rock Boogie is on the books for October 4-7! Where all skydiving worlds collide in one epic, extravagant, exceptional weekend of education, fun, and awesomeness! Everyone will be here, including you!

Registration - $45
Gets you a t-shirt, boogie bag, organizers, dinner and beer.

Schedule (always updating, so check back!)

Thursday/Friday:

FS Skills Camp with Hannah Betts - $150 includes your registration for the boogie.
Requirements: 100 jumps, ability to track decently, Basic FS experience, i.e have participated in 4 way jumps and can successfully take docks etc. Access to suit with grippers helpful!

Women's Vertical Record Camp with Melissa Nelson - $150 includes your registration for the boogie.
For more info about the Women's Vertical Record camp requirements, email [email protected]

Saturday/Sunday: full-on boogie action!

Saturday Night: Epic costume party (Punks & Pinups)

Confirmed Organizers:
- Hannah Betts, FS World Champion
- Tracy Bohm, FS - representing the midwest!
- Deb Correia, FS - Snohomies come on doooown!
- Melissa Nelson, FF - Hosting Women's World Record Training Camp
- Angela Pudenz, FF - local Elsinore freefly goddess!
- Laura Wagner, FF - bringing some East Coast love to sunny SoCal.
- Andreea Olea - Wingsuit
- SVCO Instructors Zach Sabel and Ryan Risberg
- and a bajillion more to come!

Confirmed Manufacturers:
- SunPath (Javelin containers)
- Mirage
- Performance Designs
- Cookie
- UPT
- Vigil
- SkyVenture Colorado
- Inifinty Rigs
- LiquidSky
- Liquid Eyewear
- and a bajillion more to come!

More info to come as the event develops - stay tuned!
Be yourself!
MooOOooOoo

UPDATE!

The helicopter will be flying on Friday afternoon, Oct 5th. Jump tickets are $65. They are pre-manifesting the helicopter loads, so give the office a call if you are interested.

Skydive Elsinore (951) 245-9939

B|

Be yourself!
MooOOooOoo

Whats the tracking camp going to be like?

a bunch of people exiting planes and translating across the sky achieving horizontal movement over the land, then at a pre-designated altitude they'll deploy their parachutes and hopefully, in an ordely manner, direct said patachutes towards the landing area of the DZ. Where they will attempt to land their canopies in a manner where everyone walks back to the packing area safe and sound.

Well that's the plan :ph34r:
You are not now, nor will you ever be, good enough to not die in this sport (Sparky)
My Life ROCKS!
How's yours doing?

I imagine DSE can fill you in on the official pitch, but in case you're in a rush to decide, I can give my recollection as an unaffiliated student in at the last one they did. It entailed ground school on body position taught by instructors from the wingsuit school and several tracking dives split into smaller groups with coaches, with video debrief after each. I had a great time, learned a ton, and hope to make this one as well, schedule permitting.

T

I'm interested in the tracking event. I'm only able to make the event on Friday and ready to learn how to fly my tracking suit better

Libor, we'd _love_ to see you jumping with us.

The AfterBurner tracking camp consists of training from all of the Skydive Elsinore Wingsuit School coaches (Joel, Tom, Darren, and myself). We spend the first bit of the morning on a tuffet trainer working on body positions, and then break out into groups of 3-4 people and do slot-specific tracking jumps. We'll emphasize exits and navigation, plus body position.
It's a lot of fun, everyone tells us they enjoy the way we brief/jump/debrief each jump (with video). It's essentially the same format as the well-known Excel camps.
Hope to have you join us!

[edit] just saw you're only here on Friday. We can work with you a bit between jumps; the tracking camp is only happening on Thursday. We'll have an extra organizer here on Friday, find me and I'll take some time out to get you rockin!

No tracking suit during the camp (not safe nor useful in a small formation unless everyone else is wearing them).
However...You'll learn more than you're already doing, and will be able to apply it to the tracking suit.

A friend posted this on facebook this morning. I know he was at Chicks Rock. Hopefully someone sees it today!

ATTENTION SKYDIVERS: STOLEN GEAR!!! Infinity I-23 Orange, Blue, Neon Yellow: "Thing 1" on cutaway handle. PD Optimum 143R: Comp Velocity 84 Orange, green, black cross bracing: Cypres2. Owner - Rod Boden
And...
Javelin Odyssey black, blue, neon - "Paraclete" shield on reserve flap: PDR 113: Crossfire2 109 blue, silver: cypres2 - owner Laura Wagner

Stolen from Best Western Lake Elsinore at 4:06AM Monday morning. Serial numbers will be posted as soon as we can get ahold of that information.

Did he report it to the local PD? I had a rig stolen years ago and never reported it to the local PD and figured I should have given the price of gear.

Also, was it stolen from his car or hotel room? A friend of mine had his gear back stolen from his car while at a hotel one night. Not sure why, but he thought to check the dumpsters in the area and he found most of his gear... figured who ever stole it didn't know what they had and just dumped it.

Anyway, good luck to your friend.

What happened Saturday night?

Costume party get out of control? Cops show up?

Rumors abound!

Bunch of stuff stolen; Twin Otter vandalized. A good time, eh? [:/]

Sorry to sound so negative, but having a few friends lose their stuff, and our plane messed up with pisses me off.
Remster

Sorry to sound so negative, but having a few friends lose their stuff, and our plane messed up with pisses me off.

:o

That sucks doesn't begin to say it all.

How badly was the Otter damaged?

Have reports been made to the police?

:o

That sucks doesn't begin to say it all.

How badly was the Otter damaged?

Have reports been made to the police?

Badly. Plane currently grounded badly. Federal offense badly. Rewards being offered by the DZOs for any info badly. Everyone at the DZ this weekend was equally pissed off and sure as hell hoping it wasn't "one of us."

And yes, the FAA, the police, all the relevant folks are involved with the Otter damage (I don't actually know re: the stolen gear, but I certainly hope they've reported it to the police as well).
"There is only one basic human right, the right to do as you damn well please. And with it comes the only basic human duty, the duty to take the consequences." -P.J. O'Rourke